The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   A few ?s... please help me with my senior project (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/few-s-please-help-me-my-5139/)

whataryder 01-07-2008 09:19 AM

A few ?s... please help me with my senior project

This is for my senior project at CSU regarding the use of supplements and alternative therapies in show horses. If you could just take a few moments to post your answers, it would be really helpful to me...

Your discipline:
Your age:
Number of horses:

Do you use any supplements in your show horses? If yes, which ones and what changes have you seen while using them. If no, why not?

Do you use any alternative therapies in your show horse? If yes, which ones and what changes have you seen while using them. If no, why not?

As many people as I can get to honestly answer these will be a huge help. Thank you so much! Even no answers to both questions are important

mell 01-07-2008 10:53 PM

Your discipline: SHOWING
Your age: 16
Number of horses: I HAVE 1 BUT ALL UP WE HAVE 10

Do you use any supplements in your show horses? If yes, which ones and what changes have you seen while using them. If no, why not? EQUILIBRIUM MINERAL MIX. A BETTER COAT AND SHINIER AND JUST KEEPS THEM HEALTHY

Do you use any alternative therapies in your show horse? If yes, which ones and what changes have you seen while using them. If no, why not? WE HAVE USED A CHIROPRACTOR ON 2 HORSES. THEY HAVE HAD MANY DIFFERENT PROBLEMS RANGING FROM THEIR POLL TO HIP. AND CHIROPRACTING SEEMS TO WORK. HOWEVER THE LAST TIME MY HORSE WAS DONE IT DIDN'T WORK BUT HE HAS A DIFFERENT, DEEPER PROBLEM

crackrider 01-08-2008 03:52 AM

Discipline: Endurance
Number of horses:
I own who 1 mare who is in foal but all up on my trainers property there are 20 -30 horses(?) Up to 18 are in training at one time.

Do you use any supplements in your show horses? If yes, which ones and what changes have you seen while using them. If no, why not?
Yes, well besides the usual electrolytes and economix feed (pre-mixed pellet type things but not exactly sure what's in them) the horses are fed a small amount of epson salts (not enough to become a prob because they are a laxitive. It is also a muscle relaxant which helps calm the horses which are arabs and can be VERY phsyco!)
The difference in the horses when they are not fed epson salts is amazing! They are completely different horses that go nuts at the slightest little thing!

Do you use any alternative therapies in your show horse? If yes, which ones and what changes have you seen while using them. If no, why not?

Chiropractor and horse massage therapist. Good ones can just watch a horse and then tell you whats wrong then go about making the horse feel much better!

jazzyrider 01-08-2008 05:28 AM

Your discipline:Dressage, Jumping
Your age:28
Number of horses:3

I use Equilibrium Mineral Mix on all my horses which is a complete supplement. my tb (14) and my wb (8) were in awful shape when i got them and i started feeding equilibrium from day one. they both had long, dull matted coats typical of neglected horses. they were skinny, malnourished and seriously lacking in everything they need.

within 4 weeks they both were showing amazing progress that i can only put down to the equilibrium. (i can provide comparison pics of you need). coats were shinier, all dead hair had fallen out, weight was piling on quickly and general well being was much better.

it has also worked wonders for my 24 year old stb.

i dont know if ive given enough detail or info for you but as i said i can provide comparison pics etc if you would like them or more info if you need it

whataryder 01-10-2008 11:10 PM

Re:

Thanks so much to those who have replied. I could definatly use more if there is anyone else who can take a few moments. Thanks!