The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Davis splint boots? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/davis-splint-boots-51393/)

QHDragon 03-31-2010 05:45 PM

Davis splint boots?

I recently got a pair of davis bell boots (thanks Piaffe they are awesome!) and I was thinking about either getting woof wear splint boots or the matching Davis splint boots. The older ones seem to have kind of a hard plastic on the outside, and while I know they aren't on any "moving parts" I was wondering how comfortable that could be for the horse. Anybody have any good or bad review of the davis splint boots?

kitten_Val 03-31-2010 07:32 PM

Woof all the way. :) I looked at both when I was getting the pair for X-mas, and I went with Woof. They are nicer IMO and all reviews I could find were very positive.

MIEventer 03-31-2010 07:50 PM

There is nothing wrong with Davis Splint Boots. Woof Boots only last a couple of years anyways - so they aren't that "spectacular" and expensive for their quality. The only reason why you see Woof everywhere is because they are fad, just like those rediculous open fronts you see so much of...just a fad.

Anyways - There is one rider at my barn that has the Davis Splints, her colors are all yellow and I like them.

There is nothing wrong with them.

My Beau 03-31-2010 09:37 PM

I agree with MIE, a splint boot is splint boot, they both do the same thing. I think the Davis boots are actually a bit more secure, but Woofs are great boots too. Totally your choice :)

gypsygirl 03-31-2010 09:52 PM

not true mie ! you can get woof boots for about $30 [davis are the same] and i have had a set for over 6 years !

i think they are very good quality for that price. also they are more breathable then the davis boots. i personally dont like the closure on the davis boots

Flex Horse 03-31-2010 09:53 PM

***First time post!

A lot of Reiners use the white Davis Splint Boots here in QLD Australia. They are fairly well priced here ($70) and last well for everyday use. They also just spray clean, like new, so are good for the warm up pen too.

QHDragon 03-31-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Horse (Post 591864)
***First time post!

A lot of Reiners use the white Davis Splint Boots here in QLD Australia. They are fairly well priced here ($70) and last well for everyday use. They also just spray clean, like new, so are good for the warm up pen too.

Welcome to the forums!

Yeah I like that the davis splints appear to be easier to clean than the woofs that I had there were kind of difficult.

kitten_Val 03-31-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 591863)
i think they are very good quality for that price. also they are more breathable then the davis boots. i personally dont like the closure on the davis boots

That was exact reason I decided to go with them. :)

Dressageluver4 04-01-2010 01:28 PM

I have about 5 pairs of the davis boots. I love them! They are so easy to clean and after they look brand new. I love how you can get them in diffrent colors to. They are fexlible to, But have protection.

I have never had any wolf boots but they look okay.