The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Update on Jog (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/update-jog-51533/)

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-02-2010 12:52 PM

Update on Jog

i've been working really hard to slow down my horse, when i got her she was a gamer and i've had her for over a year and a half...here is our progress with the jog. what do you guys think? sorry i didnt have my western saddle, i'm cleaning it for the shows, its a little dirty haha.

7Ponies 04-02-2010 07:14 PM

Don't know what she looked like before, but you've definitely got a nice little jog there. It could be slower, but IMHO I think it works fine. Nice job.

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-02-2010 10:15 PM

thanks you :] it's taken such a long time to make her get the concept :]
heres after several months of having her:

a few months before that video ^

BuckOff41570 04-03-2010 04:55 PM

Her cadence is off by trying to slow her down instead of getting her "up". And she's heavy on the forehand. Just pick your hands up and squeeze your legs to get her to drive her rear end up under her and get her to collect. Don't worry about "slow", focus on correct in the body, the rest will follow.

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-03-2010 09:36 PM

okay, thank you :] i will deff. try that :]

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-03-2010 10:45 PM

anybody else? the sencond videos are a few months after i got her and the first one is after 1 year! :]

mom2pride 04-04-2010 12:21 AM

I think she looks great; nice and active, and impulsive from behind...not something you see in WP horses that often...I think they've been slowed down WAY too much that it's un-natural, and lacks any real impulsion and engagement. If she were in a WP class that I was judging, she would be placed higher than a horse that's just 'slow'...she looks relaxed and natural, and a pleasure to be on...that was the original intent of pleasure classes in the first place; it wasn't emphasized on slow gaits, but an obedient horse that was a pleasure to ride, and had an easy stride to sit.

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-04-2010 12:24 AM

Thanks :] it's really awesome to hear she's doing well, because i don't ride with other people often and i've trained her all myself, with the exception of a little help of my BO and some lessons, she does really well in the shows last year so hopefully we do just as well :]

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-04-2010 10:10 AM

sorry for double posting; but i'd like to hear other opinions :]

JustLeaveIt2Mya 04-05-2010 12:17 PM

any other opinions???