The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Yearling Halter/Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/yearling-halter-showmanship-51547/)

TheRoughrider21 04-02-2010 05:36 PM

Yearling Halter/Showmanship

Is it pretty much the same as adult halter/showmanship? Do they allow for more faults or is it exactly like for adult horses except a younger version? Thanks for reading! =)

ridergirl23 04-02-2010 05:50 PM

well a young horse cant really compete with a full grown one because they arent donw growing, like usually a yearlings butt is talller then their withers and they have 'growing faults' that they will grow out of, thats just a guess, i actually have no idea, but thats my best guess :P

Peetz 04-04-2010 09:15 PM

Most shows will have seperate classes for yearling for that very reason. You sould not show your yearling in an adult class, like you said too many differences in conformation to judge them together. Although they will not allow for faults, a fault is a fault no matter the age. But they look for different thing in yearlying than adults.
Are you planning on showing a yearling? Love showing the babies, so much fun. Post pics when you do.

PBritton2U 04-05-2010 07:56 PM

I actually have a friend that showed her yearling in the regular showmanship classes. That horse is da'bomb now (as a three). I say go for it...no matter what class. And, yes, do post pics. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

PaintsPwn 04-05-2010 08:03 PM

^ But showmanship is not judged the same as a halter class. I have heard of yearlings competing in showmanship, and has long as they execute said manuvers, they have as big of a chance as any to win.

PBritton2U 04-05-2010 08:19 PM

I actually have a friend that showed her yearling in the regular showmanship classes. That horse is da'bomb now (as a three). I say go for it...no matter what class. And, yes, do post pics. :)
Posted via Mobile Device