The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   supplement question (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/supplement-question-5161/)

jazzyrider 01-07-2008 11:26 PM

supplement question

i have had my horses on equilibrium mineral mix which is supposed to be a complete supplement but i have heard lately that it isnt as complete as thought. ive added a table showing its ingredients and would like peoples informed opinions on whether or not it is supplying them with the right amount of everything they need

Equilibrium Mineral Mix Composition (/kg) (sorry its is kilos/grams for those people who still use lbs :))

Calcium
127 g

Iron (ferrous)
2792 mg

Phosphorus
88 g

Manganese
596 mg

Magnesium
47 g

Cobalt
4 mg

Sodium
107 g

Selenium
8 mg

Potassium
38 g

Iodine
4 mg

Chloride
139 g

Vitamin A
250,000 IU

Sulphur
7.4 g

Vitamin E
1250 mg

Copper
945 mg

Vitamin B1
300 mg

Zinc
2020 mg

Folic Acid
100 mg

im more concerned about my mare as she is off to the breeder in about 6 weeks and i want to be sure she is getting everything she needs.

my wb gets 1 1/2 scoops a day and the scoops are 70grams. my stb and my tb get 1 scoop a day

any input would be greatly appreciated :)

mell 01-08-2008 08:13 PM

it depends what other feed you feed them, as they would be getting minerals through that to and the grass they eat.
we feed equilibrium to all the horses and the broodmares and foal are fine and healthy and we know a few other people who use it and it seems to work for them.

jazzyrider 01-08-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mell
it depends what other feed you feed them, as they would be getting minerals through that to and the grass they eat.
we feed equilibrium to all the horses and the broodmares and foal are fine and healthy and we know a few other people who use it and it seems to work for them.

ok well what else do i feed them...sit back and relax...its a long list lol

hay:

lucerne hay
wheaten hay
rhodes hay

hard feed:

rice bran
millrun
barastoc pellets for senior horses (helps more all round for weight gain)
garlic
cracked corn
sunflower seeds
lucerne chaffe
fibre plus chaffe
vegetable oil
mollasses
equilibrium

they have very little to graze on thats why they get so much hard feed and varieties of hay

mell 01-08-2008 09:05 PM

i dont think you have anything to worry about. :)

jazzyrider 01-08-2008 10:03 PM

lol thanks :D i didnt think so i just got spooked when some people started bagging equilibrium. ive always been a die hard fan of it :)

mell 01-08-2008 11:39 PM

yeh, i love it!

I Love Lane 01-09-2008 12:27 AM

i use it for all my horses and it is wonderful!!! Great product - Great value for money :lol: