The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   New Rescue (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/new-rescue-51704/)

AlternativeEquineTraining 04-04-2010 02:02 PM

New Rescue

5 Attachment(s)
This is cooper... He is supposed to be a registered 2 yr old Quarter Horse... For some reason I just dont think that the papers are his... just saying.. but anyways.. got him on April 1st.. ( maybe it was an april fools joke bout him being a 2 year old ) He is a colt ( hasnt dropped ) and is very skinny... She said his bloodlines are the reason for him being small.... they start out small then fill out fast... :/ In some of the pictures he looks less skinnier... but that was becuase i hadnt started brushing off his winter fur.. once I did it looked like he dropped a bunch of weight :(

Klassic Superstar 04-04-2010 02:11 PM

WOW what a lil handsome fella, Good luck! have fun with him!

churumbeque 04-04-2010 02:50 PM

poor guy. Hopefully he can recover quickly with medical treatment and good food. Maybe he has been gelded so he won't drop. He looks very young but could be from malnutrition

Red 04-04-2010 04:05 PM

He's a cutie. :) He's just small from malnutrition I'll bet. My horse was a rescue case also; he was really small, but he has filled out nicely now.

ilovemyPhillip 04-04-2010 04:16 PM

Wow, my guess would be a 9 month old =/ Otherwise, he's cute! What's your plans for him? Undersaddle?

NorthernMama 04-04-2010 04:17 PM

He's very sweet looking. If he is registered, shouldn't the papers indicate his markings? He has a ways to go for sure, but I think he'll be quite pretty in short order with good care.

Just as an aside, and maybe it's just because of the hair, but I think that halter is too small for him.

Plains Drifter 04-04-2010 04:19 PM

Aww..poor guy! I can't wait to see him later this summer as he gets some good food in him. I agree, he looks like he's only maybe 9 months old.

AlternativeEquineTraining 04-04-2010 08:41 PM

he has sooo much hair on his face it literally hangs down 5 inches! he had such a winter coat to make up for lack of food
Posted via Mobile Device

RoCru 04-04-2010 09:02 PM

Poor thing! Hope he fills out and gets some weight on him. I don't see how someone can let a horse get to that point. :(

ShutUpJoe 04-04-2010 09:10 PM

2?????????? No way. That is one SMALL 2 year old. I bet he'll be cute once he fills in.