The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Horse Trainers in NW Montana (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/horse-trainers-nw-montana-51754/)

MontanaFreeSpirit 04-04-2010 11:49 PM

Horse Trainers in NW Montana

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the NW Montana area and am looking for a good horse trainer to work with me and my horse.

I saw an ad for Crazy Daisy's Horse Training in the Flathead Valley on Craigslist and wondered if anyone had any experience - good, bad, indifferent they would not mind sharing.

I've found NOTHING about this trainer online other than the same ad on free ad sites, and learned from her ad she's 20 years old.

Or, if you can recommend someone in the Lincoln or Flathead County areas (Natural Horsemanship, no games, no gimmicks, is my preference.)

Thank you kindly for reading and considering,
MontanaFreeSpirit

MontanaPheonixRising 04-07-2010 10:13 PM

Me and My husband have actually been talking to her and trying to get more info, I really should have asked for some refrences, but we still havent decided on her (my 8 yr old appy need a tune up) that and she is an hour and a half away

MontanaFreeSpirit 04-08-2010 10:45 PM

I did inquire of her and she told me she trains the horses 1-2 hours a day and owners were welcome on a weekly basis. I think I'm looking for somthing more concentrated and where I'll be allowed to come as often as I can. Although, it may be different for tune ups.

She says in her ad we'll be blown away by her fees (in a good way), but I'm seeing no difference between what she charges and what an experienced trainer would charge. Hmmm...I'm just not sure yet.

If you don't mind sharing as you go along, I'd sure appreciate it. I'd imagine someone would be willing to train horses out here...this is GREAT horse country! Best to you.

Thank you kindly,
MontanaFreeSpirit