The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Tredstep Pro Gaiter Half Chaps?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/tredstep-pro-gaiter-half-chaps-51839/)

Sghorselover 04-05-2010 09:17 PM

Tredstep Pro Gaiter Half Chaps??

Tredstep Pro Gaiter Half Chaps

Have you ever used them? they seem really nice.. I saw them at the tack store today but because of the price i didn't try them. I am doubting not trying them on they look really nice....Have you ever used them?

Oh also I am looking for some nice half chaps like these but maybe less money.
Help Me

Thanks,
Sghorselover

maura 04-05-2010 09:29 PM

I *LOVE* mine. Yes, pricey, but I like mine much better than my old Ariats which were about the same price.

Sghorselover 04-05-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maura (Post 596540)
I *LOVE* mine. Yes, pricey, but I like mine much better than my old Ariats which were about the same price.

Oh ok..yeah i have Ariats but they are wearing down a lot and i just want a good pair of leather not Suede(sp?)

Any other opinions!

Sghorselover 04-10-2010 02:35 PM

anyone?/????

blush 04-10-2010 11:05 PM

Tredsteps are amazing. The end. :]

When I worked in my local tack shop, we carried them and they were definitely a customer favorite. We actually stopped carrying Ariats because they just weren't selling compared to the Treds. My trainer uses thier half chaps and she loves them. Even though they are a tad on the pricey side, she only has to buy new ones every 3 or so years. Rather then every 6 months for the Ariats. :]

Sghorselover 04-11-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blush (Post 601396)
Tredsteps are amazing. The end. :]

When I worked in my local tack shop, we carried them and they were definitely a customer favorite. We actually stopped carrying Ariats because they just weren't selling compared to the Treds. My trainer uses thier half chaps and she loves them. Even though they are a tad on the pricey side, she only has to buy new ones every 3 or so years. Rather then every 6 months for the Ariats. :]

Hmmm maybe thats why my tack store dosent carry ariats!! (lol)

So they are worth the money..I might get them!!!

upnover 04-11-2010 08:20 PM

Tredsteps were my all time favorite half chaps (I haaaaaate Ariats) until I discovered ProChaps. I'd highly recommend either brand. They're both in the same price category, last significantly longer then other half chaps on the market, and you can get a custom fit. They come in sizes by exactly length/width instead of just s, m, l.

Sghorselover 04-11-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnover (Post 602069)
Tredsteps were my all time favorite half chaps (I haaaaaate Ariats) until I discovered ProChaps. I'd highly recommend either brand. They're both in the same price category, last significantly longer then other half chaps on the market, and you can get a custom fit. They come in sizes by exactly length/width instead of just s, m, l.

I noticed the sizing thing also..they fit much better ( hate how im in-between sizes.. Im like a 12.5 and the 13 is way to big and the 12 i cant zip...erggggggg ****WAY OFF TOPIC***) This will be my second half chaps and i hate my ariats!!!!