The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Snap to it! A journal bout my filly (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/snap-journal-bout-my-filly-52298/)

TheRoughrider21 04-10-2010 10:13 PM

Snap to it! A journal bout my filly

4 Attachment(s)
Hmm not sure how to do this but I've decided I want to share what goes on with me and my filly. I got her a week from today and her name is Miss Snap on Patches a.k.a Patches. She will be one year old May 5th and she is a black/white overo Paint, but looks brown/white.

Today(4-10-10)
Went to see Patches. When I got there, she was laying down while the other 2 horses stood next to her. Patches came right to me and I stroked her face and rubbed her shoulder. Then I started sratching her neck and she really leaned into me, so I could tell she liked it. I switched sides and sratched her chest and she in return "groomed" me, which I thought was adorable. I walked around the pasture with her following on her own. When I left, I broke the fence so I had to fix that quick. Hopefully, I will see her tomorrow.

I hope that's how these journal things work...I'm gonna upload some pics now. =)

TheRoughrider21 04-11-2010 07:58 PM

4/11/10
Today went over and sprayed Patches mane, got it brushed. Then brushd her forelock and spent some time touching her ears. The whole time she couldn't have been bothered by anything. I had the leadrope hooked to her halter and we walked a lil while. Then I jelly scrubbered her while she grazed on the leadrope and hard brushed her. I spent time spraying her tail and she just kept grazing. Finally got that brushed and I was so proud of her. I literally brushed all the way down her leg and under her stomach and she didn't even flinch. The leadrope was bumping against her legs as she was grazing and there were times when she stepped over it and nothing seemed to bother her. I feel like a proud mother right now!!!!! =) Too bad I didn't have my camera to take pics of her.