The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   UK members... (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/uk-members-52337/)

speedy da fish 04-11-2010 02:51 PM

UK members...

Introduce yourself :D

There aren't many of us on this forum and I think it is about time us Britts introduced ourselves to each other. I wanna know where your from and what horses you have, what you do with them etc.

ok me...
Im from Shropshire
My horse's name is Country Man (stable name- William). He is a mahogany bay anglo arab.
I have had him for 6 months and we had our 1st SJ competition last monday :D, in the summer I want to do lots of showing ready for september when I am off to Aberystwyth University (taking my horse with me) and wanting to compete on the team :)

Tell me about you and your horses...

Equine Imaging 04-11-2010 03:15 PM

hello fellow UK members!! Nice to meet you all.

I am brand new here so this is a good way to say hello.

I don't ride any more due to having lost most of my confidence but my friend has two eventers so I go to a lot of events with her, or just go to the farm where I enjoy being around the horses.

I'm hoping that one day I'll pluck up the courage to get back on a horse and go for a **** good gallop like I used to when I was a kid.

whiskeynoo 04-11-2010 04:36 PM

hey guys :)
im from a small town from annan which is the south west border or scotland :)
my horses are kept on my dads farm which is 15 mins outs of annan, easy bus journey.

we currently have 14
Whiskey
hob-knob
buiscut
kit
Dreamer
rocky
Molly
blaze
Tia
kat
chip
jess
bonnie
tommy

my main ones are Whiskey, Hob-knob and Rocky, buiscut is just slowley starting to be introduced to work.

they're just used as general hacking/driving horses.

speedy da fish 04-12-2010 05:03 AM

Hi both!
Equine Imaging- I hope you pluck up the confidence to get back in the saddle :D
whiskeynoo- thats a lot of horses!, I hack a lot with my boy too :)

here he is in action (kinda)

Lis 04-12-2010 08:27 AM

Hey fellow UKers, I'm from Manchester, not got a horse but looking for my next loan for this summer and to take me through to uni.

whiskeynoo 04-12-2010 01:33 PM

speedy he sure looks lively and definitely one handsome boy

heres a video i done for whiskey :)

Digit 04-12-2010 01:59 PM

Hi! I'm so excited to be a member of this site. I haven't got a horse (I've not even ridden one! The closest I've ever come to riding was a couple of times on a donkey on the beach.) but I like them, and I'd love to have one.

Looking forward to meeting you and your horses!

pikachu 04-12-2010 03:36 PM

hey! im from yorkshire and dont hav a horse but i hav bin ridin f 8 years [since i was 4] and my fave horse is called breeze and he is a thoroughbred gelding horses ROCK

speedy da fish 04-13-2010 09:17 AM

glad to hear from you all!
whiskeynoo- I love that video :D Whiskey is really sweet.
Digit- good to hear from some non-riders on here as horses can effect people in different ways :), hope you get to ride soon xxx

whiskeynoo 04-13-2010 12:54 PM

thanks, i wish i had my camera today because ive just bought her new boots and a new head coller, lead rope and a new numnah :D her new color this year is purple