The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   The Ten Commandments of Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/ten-commandments-horses-52364/)

nirvana 04-11-2010 08:07 PM

The Ten Commandments of Horses

I found this really cute video. I foind it quite true...

kmacdougall 04-11-2010 08:32 PM

Awww I really liked that! Especially "I'm powerful enough to hurt you but choose not to".. so true!

roro 04-11-2010 09:07 PM

I've decided that my horse is an atheist.

thunderhooves 04-11-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roro (Post 602152)
I've decided that my horse is an atheist.

Me too, roro.
Cute vid, but something in it screamed "I'm a member of PETA and a vegan, and I don't ride horses in any way but Parelli".
There was a thread that said if most horses were sold suddenly, as long as you give them a nice place, good treatment, and strong leadership, they won't care. Some horses aren't like that,though.
i like this vid better:
*/soapbox*
I am not hijacking your thread, just stating MHO.

HorsesAreForever 04-11-2010 11:45 PM

This is a video of mine:

Im not a vegan [wth?]
I have nothing to do with peta.

I made this video because I found these 10 commandments on this forum and fell in love with the concept and felt like it needed to be put into a video.

I do both Parelli and traditional training. But idk what that has to do with my video?

Im glad a few of you liked it :)

thunderhooves 04-12-2010 01:43 AM

Because that's what I would think someone who does Parelli would make.
This is why mine and roro's horses are atheists,lol.
Cute vid,though! I like the concept! :)

HorsesAreForever 04-12-2010 02:04 AM

Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed the video to some extent :)

atheist or not haha ;)

speedy da fish 04-12-2010 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderhooves (Post 602182)
Me too, roro.
Cute vid, but something in it screamed "I'm a member of PETA and a vegan, and I don't ride horses in any way but Parelli".
There was a thread that said if most horses were sold suddenly, as long as you give them a nice place, good treatment, and strong leadership, they won't care. Some horses aren't like that,though.
i like this vid better:

*/soapbox*

i love this video!

nirvana 04-12-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Me too, roro.
i like this vid better:
YouTube - I Am - Horses
*/soapbox*

I like that video too. I highly disagree with you. When I went on vacation for 10 days. I brought my horse over to my friends house and barn. The paddock was the same size with the same set up, and even same hay. Not to mention he was moved WITH his pasturemate. My friend had a beautiful place, treates all her animals beautifuly, and is a strong leader. In fact she is probably one of the best horse owners I know. The stress of not seeing me for that length of time was so high it caused Trooper to have a Uveitis flare up.
Yes over time the horse will love, trust and appreciate their new owner. But you dont think the first week or so wouldn't be somewhat hard on them?
Never in the video did it say anything about not riding horses. It simply states something that I believe ALL riders should be aware of: before you go and punish me for doing wrong mayby should check to see there isnt something thats bothering me.

HorsesAreForever I love your video! I think it is quite lovely and speeks understanding horse owner. :)

ponyboy 04-12-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Me too, roro.

That's because animals live in the present.

Loved the video... and I'm not a vegan either.