The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Truly inspirational (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/truly-inspirational-52410/)

Equine Imaging 04-12-2010 10:04 AM

Truly inspirational

This story was in a UK national newspaper today. It is totally amazing.
He may have lost the vision in BOTH eyes, but Herbie the horse soars over the hurdle of blindness | Mail Online

The trust these two must have in each other is incredible.

Carleen 04-12-2010 01:25 PM

Oh my goodness, that is incredible! That first picture of them two of them together... wow! They must have an amazing connection.

gypsygirl 04-12-2010 01:48 PM

idk it kind of makes me sick, i feel bad for the horse....there were two completely blind horses at my barn [one had to be put down] & they are really not that happy. they are super nice horses, dont get me wrong & they do have some happy moments, but horses are prey animals so it can be pretty stressful to not be able to see. just my opinion though

Tyler 04-12-2010 04:06 PM

Wow! That's fantastic. I bet Lydia and Herbie's relationship is rock solid.

smrobs 04-12-2010 04:26 PM

That's wonderful that they have such trust in each other. It reminds me of that movie "The Long Shot"

Sphi 04-13-2010 07:50 AM

How does the horse know where the jumps are?

JumpingJellyBean 04-13-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphi (Post 603688)
How does the horse know where the jumps are?

Thats what im wondering too. But thats amazing!! My pony went blind in one eye and he could still do everything as good as he did before!

smrobs 04-13-2010 12:13 PM

She doesn't jump him anymore. That jumping picture was from before he lost his sight.

Crimsonhorse01 04-13-2010 01:36 PM

A blind horse can still do what any other horse can it just a matter of trust. Cherish, a completely blind mare was ridden just like the other horses, she could jump and run through the trails. The riders communication and body language were very important though. I think with any animal when they loose one sense their others become more attune. I expect Cherish could read the rider better than most.

Heatherloveslottie 04-13-2010 01:52 PM

i guess if a horse was super sensitive and it completely knew its rider it could probably tell when the rider is anticipating the jump.. theyd have to be small jumps though..