The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   My showjumpers first time xc.. (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/my-showjumpers-first-time-xc-52671/)

hsharp123 04-14-2010 06:18 PM

My showjumpers first time xc..

This is my 14year old dutch warmblood, he has never seen a xc fence before and this was his first attempt...what do you think??

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1127501_n.jpg

StormyBlues 04-14-2010 07:52 PM

Were you competing?!

MIEventer 04-14-2010 08:18 PM

That's pretty bold to ride in an actual competition with your horse never seeing a CC fence, and with the two of you never working together to prepare for the comp.

Interesting.

wild_spot 04-14-2010 08:56 PM

He looks good! He's clearing it with ease and looks keen to get to the next jump. You might have an eventer on your hands there :]

equineeventer3390 04-14-2010 09:03 PM

He looks great! I definately wouldn't ADVISE going to an event without ever schooling XC before BUT if the horse is very sensible and experienced, these jumps are low, assuming it's beginner novice, which means they're aren't too many technical things and their may or may not have been a ditch or bank, and if not they're just natural jumps which are actually alot easier for a horse to jump than show jumps. Again still not the best idea though, but he doesn't look like he minded.

eventerdrew 04-14-2010 09:43 PM

He sure must be bold and honest! looks good so far!

I wouldn't advise going out without schooling either, but what's done is done. Just go out and school lots before another competition ;) My old trainer took my first event horse to a schooling show without ever having jumped a XC fence. She ended up doing fine but I def wouldn't do it again! lol

MIEventer 04-14-2010 09:53 PM

He's definately bold and honest! You've got a great horse there.

hsharp123 04-15-2010 02:32 AM

Hey, yes I agree schooling first would have been ideal but he is super honest and lives to jump so after teaching him to gallop at home lol my friend asked me to take him xc. It wasn't tech a comp it was an open day like schooling event where you pick and mix which fences you want to do and there was a photographer on hand!
There was a tiny ditch, running water and open water aswell as small steps upwards and drops. It was a perfect mini xc course, each fence/obstacle small enough for him to play over and you could do each one at your own pace and in your own time. It was lovely and he seemed to have a ball, galloping and jumping combined he was in heaven! Lol thank you for your comments!
Posted via Mobile Device

speedy da fish 04-15-2010 05:16 AM

he's a brave boy!

hsharp123 04-15-2010 05:44 AM

Oh he's brave but spooky as hell!!! He's hillarious to ride! Lol

Any comments on my possition/riding at all? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device