The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My boy keeps changing colors. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-boy-keeps-changing-colors-52787/)

AlternativeEquineTraining 04-16-2010 12:40 AM

My boy keeps changing colors.

6 Attachment(s)
So my boy here cannot figure out what color he wants to be. His papers are buckskin but as he is shedding out.. hes decided to change to quiet a few different colors... Im excited to see what color he turns into :) the greyish color is his new one.

thunderhooves 04-16-2010 12:57 AM

Wow! he is such a gorgeous gelding*cough*!
I wonder if he's a smokey buckskin? Is there even such a thing? lol He is really cute, either color.

kathryn 04-16-2010 01:14 AM

He wants to be like the horse in Wizard of Oz!

and that's kinda unnecessary, thunderhooves.

HowClever 04-16-2010 01:35 AM

Wow he really can't make up his mind can he! He's a pretty boy and I really like the ash-like colour =D
Posted via Mobile Device

mom2pride 04-16-2010 01:49 AM

would he be considered a smutty buckskin perhaps? I'm not sure...I think he's still got too much winter coat there to really tell!

I've got a filly who seemed to be going grey, but as she's shedding out this spring, seems to be staying roan after all...atleast for this year; she's got alot of white hairs around her eyes though, so I'm wondering how many years she'll actually maintain her roan coloring, hahaha

Plains Drifter 04-16-2010 07:13 AM

He's very handsome!

Jacksmama 04-16-2010 09:11 AM

Yep, looks like a sooty buckskin in the making to me! I am curious to see how he looks once he's shed out!

icyhorse 04-16-2010 11:01 AM

Wow, his color is so beautiful. So beautiful fella you have :)

Vidaloco 04-16-2010 11:39 AM

My Saro did that same thing when she was young. At one time I thought she was going to be a palomino her body went so light.
I'm a sucker for a buckskin so I think he's gorgeous no matter the finished product. Er unless he goes bay :lol:

BlueEyed paint 04-16-2010 12:59 PM

His papers are right he is a buckskin. Some can get darker but with age is when they really fade out and look nice. I prefer the buckskins that have the smokier color like your boy does. He is pretty and will change colors a few times he looks really young so he has time to get it figured out. Also it can be a horses diet when they start changing colors.