The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Is my horse good for jumping?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/my-horse-good-jumping-52799/)

Xitania 04-16-2010 09:15 AM

Is my horse good for jumping??

Basically I am just asking because he is actually breed to be a Harness horse. But I am planning to go abroad with him and get into higher levels of jumping since he is capable of jumping 1m30. I am just not sure if a horse breed for pulling is good enough to compete against proper Show jumpers.

Here is a video of him. He is the bay coloured not the black one

My Life, Sport & Hobby - Videos

Please do leave your comments as I am really curious to see what people think. As well please do Criticise my riding if necessary.

Thanks a lot in advance

gypsygirl 04-16-2010 09:24 AM

what breed is he ??

speedy da fish 04-16-2010 09:33 AM

He is a really nice horse and a tallented jumper, although he is tanking along! Regain some control and he will be able to ballance himself over the jumps better :) He may even be able to jump higher from a collected canter. It was really scarey when he fell over :s, make sure he keeps his ballance, you need to help him with that.

Cinnys Whinny 04-16-2010 09:41 AM

yes, those falls really scared me..wooo. I agree with Speedy above and do whatever else you can to keep him from doing that. It's almost as if his feet slide right out from under him. Too many falls like that and he will eventually start refusing on you because he will start associating the falls with the jumping and then it's all over....

Xitania 04-16-2010 09:42 AM

He is a Dutch Warmblood KWPN. His father is Patijn, a well known Harness horse in Holland winner of the DEN BOSCH competition 2008.

Regards the fall, that was the same video twice just form a different angle and the ground where this competition was held wasnt raked and slippery. Another 2 horses slipped on the same spot.

EventersBabe 04-16-2010 10:14 AM

Yeah hes good for jumping. :) Hes cute

Xitania 04-18-2010 03:56 AM

Hi thanks all for your nice replies :) appreciate it