The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Best way to get a good saddle cheap. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/best-way-get-good-saddle-cheap-5284/)

Harlee rides horses 01-13-2008 03:14 PM

Best way to get a good saddle cheap.

What is the best way to get a good, nice-looking WP saddle cheap?

tim 01-13-2008 03:18 PM

Show or work?

Although it doesn't make much difference. Ebay.

Harlee rides horses 01-13-2008 03:33 PM

I heard you don't want to use E-bay because you can't guarantee your products well-being and that your actually going to get what your ordered and you can't guarantee the perfect fit.

tim 01-13-2008 03:39 PM

Oh, I got both of mine from ebay.

Although it's really easy for me to fit saddles on my horse. He's a pretty standard quarter horse so I just buy saddles with quarter horse trees. They all fit him.

They arrived in perfect as-advertised condition but you should always check the seller before you buy something big like that. Look at their shipping rating especially.

It's pretty easy to find a good training saddle though. Chicks Saddlery sells some good ones.

Harlee rides horses 01-13-2008 03:40 PM

Thank you for your help, and by the way the saddle would be used for show.

Jr_lover 01-13-2008 07:29 PM

hehe i wish i could help you. I bought a cheap english saddle for $100 around where i live but only because i know of a store where you can buy cheap stuff if only you lived around me i could tell you but maybe you should search around and see if anybody knows of a store around you that sells cheap stuff.

drop_your_reins 01-13-2008 07:51 PM

I reccomend Ebay! you can buy lots of nice stuff. You should always check the seller's feedback though. Most reputable sellers offer tons of pictures, and a page or two of information. (Saddle size, tree size, make, model, reason for selling, etc. etc.) I almost bought a Western show saddle for my Morgan this past spring, since I show western.. but I probably wouldn't use it more than a season, so it wasn't worth it. (I just borrowed one) I did buy a couple western bits though!

The thing about ordering saddles (especially western, where the seat can vary much more than eng) is you can't try them before you buy them.. So you don't know how comfortable you'll be in them. My advice is try a few friends' saddles for size and comfort and try to order one that is closest to those. I like Circle Y saddles, personally.

horsecrazy29 01-14-2008 06:40 PM

Saddleonline.com

You will see some of the same saddles on here that are on ebay, but here its cheaper. I have bought 2 from here 1 english and 1 western.

Arrived with no issues.

Abby 01-14-2008 08:23 PM

E-bay is a safe way to go for cheap saddles. Make sure you check their ratings and read through their reviews before making a purchase. You can get nice sturdy saddles from Saddle Inc which stand up to a lot of abuse and still be going strong. They come very nicely packaged since I've boughten one from them before. I bought one from them and paid about 75 for it and it lasted way longer than I needed it and is still going strong to for my friend who got it from me a while back.

Harlee rides horses 01-14-2008 08:55 PM

Thank you, does anyone recommend auctions, or any other saddle dealers or makers.