The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Black Country Saddles! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/black-country-saddles-52847/)

StormyBlues 04-16-2010 10:03 PM

Black Country Saddles!

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, so, a couple of weeks ago, a saddle fitter came out to our barn. He was a Black Country rep, and we decided to have him look at the saddle that I was planning on getting(test riding from Dover[It was a Stubben Roxanne S]) and he said it was going to work for us. I was extatic! He then let me try one of his dressage saddles just for kicks, and I fell in LOVE. Like. I mounted and imediatly went "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!" Then I rode in it, and it was HEAVEN! Then he let my try one of his (acctually, his personal) jumping saddle, and I fell in love with it too! So bye bye Stubben, hello semi-custom Black Country! My mom took my Christmas money, and some of the money from the other saddle (we're sending it back to Dover) and I now have two new Black Country Saddles on their way from England! Here are Pics! Oh, and I would HIGHLY recomend them if you can get a fitter out!

Juna 04-17-2010 02:20 AM

Absolutely beautiful!!!! They DO look like pure heaven!

luvs2ride1979 04-17-2010 09:55 AM

I am so jealous!! I LOVE BC saddles. I would love to have one, or three, one day. However, they cost more than I have paid for any horse that I have bought for myself, and even more than what I paid for my truck, lol. My husband would have a heart attack... ;-)

upnover 04-17-2010 10:09 PM

Congrats! That's one saddle I actually haven't sat in, but I've heard good things about them.

StormyBlues 04-18-2010 11:41 AM

Oh, if you get the chance, ride in one. He.Van. They should be here like, on Tuesday or Wensday! AH! :) But I just found out that the bridle and breastplate I ordered are both on back order.... grrrr

StormyBlues 04-20-2010 10:00 PM

GRRRRR! Iceland needs to go die.... I just found out that because of the closed airports, my saddles didn't ship from England until late today. That means I won't get them until NEXT tuesday.... I'm quite an angry person....

sheephorse 04-22-2010 05:04 PM

There is a tack shop in the US that sells black country saddles, and they let you have a week trail as well to make sure it fits you and your horse(they have new and used) I really wanted a BC saddle but I have a hard to fit horse and didnt want to order one from the UK pay a lot and have it not fit, so now my saddle is on its way here and I'm so excited! sooo happy I finaly found a good qualty saddle with a 40cm tree XD

StormyBlues 04-22-2010 08:52 PM

So, you got a BC? Or another brand? I can't wiat! They'll be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

sheephorse 04-23-2010 02:37 AM

Yeah I've ordered a BC I'm sooooo excited!! I hope it fits, If not I can send it back and only pay shipping which is $65 for Canada, but considering how much I pay for gas driving to every tack shop in a 100km radius almost every week trying to find a saddle I consider that cheap :P

StormyBlues 04-23-2010 08:58 AM

It will fit, did you not get a
fitting? That's what we did:) mine will be here today! What model did you get? I got the Eloquence Dressage and Quantum Jumping
Posted via Mobile Device