The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   How often do you ride bareback? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/how-often-do-you-ride-bareback-52913/)

Jordan S 04-17-2010 08:44 PM

How often do you ride bareback?

In this poll, I'm counting pads as bareback lol.

Wallaby 04-17-2010 09:00 PM

Lately, I've been doing most of my riding bareback. I guess I'm just getting lazy! haha I do, however, break out the saddle about once every two weeks or so for a schooling sort of ride and I ride in a saddle when I trail ride, which happens about once a month.

roro 04-17-2010 09:42 PM

Occasionally. I rarely/never do it in the winter, but I might do it about once a week/once every two weeks in the summer. I always use a bareback pad, never totally bare. I like to use it when I need to get my horse out to move but don't want to work him much, ie a light day.

kmdstar 04-17-2010 09:58 PM

Relativly often.

In winter we rarely had time to saddle up and ride so I would just get reins and hook em on the horses halter and hop on, I would like to start doing alot more bareback riding this summer, though!

Tyler 04-17-2010 10:02 PM

I haven't put a saddle on Oakey in 2 years! I ride bareback daily. =)

IslandWave 04-17-2010 10:25 PM

I try to ride bareback at least once a week. I don't like using a bareback pad unless my horse is madly shedding.

SorrelHorse 04-17-2010 10:31 PM

I try y best to ride bareback as often as I can, but during the winter it gets harder because the horse is more frisky than normal and more oten than not when they are fresh and bareback they are all prone to bucking or throwing fits so it helps e to have the saddle just in case that happens. Plus, their fur and mud will ruin any clothes I have....And although I don't much care about my clothes, In this economy I can't afford to keep replacing jeans after every bareback ride.

However, in the summer I ride every horse bareback every day except for the days they get off from working or if I am practicing just before a show.

drafteventer 04-17-2010 11:16 PM

Almost never
Maybe once every three months

Cougar 04-17-2010 11:49 PM

I put half the time as all winter I scrap the saddle and go bareback so my butt stays warm.

Reiterin 04-17-2010 11:59 PM

I Never ride bareback.