The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Zip up show shirts? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/zip-up-show-shirts-52948/)

Gallop 04-18-2010 01:22 AM

Zip up show shirts?

I was browsing on dover and came across these:

Goode Rider™ Ideal Women's Show Shirt - Dover Saddlery.

Is this a new trend? And are they really appropriate for the show ring? I haven't really seen these before...

StormyBlues 04-18-2010 12:15 PM

They're popular with Dressage, Eventing, and Show Jumping riders because we have to wear stock ties. They are nice because when it's hot, you can rip off your tie and unzip them when your done riding. They're also VERY comfy under show coats. I have like, five. I have that one, Iriton, Karriats, and a Devon Air one I think

Gallop 04-18-2010 09:45 PM

Sweet! I thought they looked really comfortable and sporty but wasn't sure how they went with a coat and stuff but now it makes sense. Thanks!

upnover 04-18-2010 10:25 PM

Interesting to know Stormy! If I hadn't seen the title of the shirt I would just assume it's a schooling shirt!

Gallop, if you show hunters it is NOT a trend for the show ring and would not be considered correct under a jacket!

dantexeventer 04-18-2010 10:57 PM

Yup, only for stock-tie wearers. They don't have a ratcatcher style collar, so you can't wear them in the H/J/E rings.

Gallop 04-19-2010 11:43 PM

Haha...thanks. I've known that ratcatchers are the appropriate wear, so I was confused when I came across these...but now it all makes sense. :)

StormyBlues 04-20-2010 12:30 PM

Haha I'm rebeling, I'll be wearing mine at a h/j show if I go this weekend :p
Posted via Mobile Device

eventerdrew 04-20-2010 06:35 PM

I have a Kerrits one like that. So Comfy!

StormyBlues 04-20-2010 08:45 PM

I know right?! The Goode Rider one is really nice too.... really fitted and nice

HalfPass 04-25-2010 10:39 PM

I like these too.
The last piece of show clothing I need is a shirt and a velvet cover for my helmet.
I like these type shirts made from the coolmax material. I heard they are super super comfy.
I ride dressage and at some point way down the road maybe next year I will try some hunter shows.
HP