The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (
-   -   Brooke is the cutest little monster... (

juniormylove 04-18-2010 04:49 PM

Brooke is the cutest little monster...
I say monster in the nicest way possible - she's a total sweetheart, just GIANT (I'm like 5'9")

I had my first lesson of the year in the outdoor arena on Friday :) I really like riding out there...there's much more room and everyone has more energy haha. Brooke was a little full of herself - she bucked a few times when I asked her to canter and did this amazing bunny hop thing when we were jumping. But overall, it was great!

Aaand...I shortened my stirrups a hole which I think helped me out tons. I didn't over post as much at the trot (bad habit I've had since coming back after the winter off) and I could actually sit her canter :D We also worked a lot on transitions (every combination possible, I believe) and I felt much more solid after actively working on it for an hour.

Jumping was a total failure, but thankfully that is only on video so you guys won't see it XD

Halting (sorry I'm so tiny!)

Trotting by

Zoomed in so you can see us better:

Cantering by.. -_- my position still needs work hah

Cantering the other direction

Aaand walking back to the indoor to jump a little (I'm holding a water bottle with one hand and the reins at the buckle in the other haha)

Brooke is such a good girl - we jumped 2'6" (not the whole course, just the last combination) and it felt goood XD

ShutUpJoe 04-20-2010 07:29 PM

Pretty horse : ) You look really good on her.

juniormylove 04-21-2010 10:56 PM

thank you :) she's the first horse I don't feel GIANT on, haha

writer23 04-21-2010 11:47 PM

I'm 5'9 too and finally just found a horse I don't feel giant on too! Very cute horse, by the way.

MIEventer 04-22-2010 12:10 AM

You two look great together! She is beautiful :)

Juna 04-22-2010 02:55 PM

Lovely! You look good together!

LoveStory10 04-22-2010 02:58 PM

She's really pretty. Your position in canter isnt that bad really, it's alot better than mine haha

juniormylove 04-23-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by writer23 (Post 611969)
I'm 5'9 too and finally just found a horse I don't feel giant on too! Very cute horse, by the way.

the funny thing is last summer I would ride her, then I would hop on this tiny pony for my trainer...WOW was there a difference! It usually took me like 10 minutes before I could post to the pony trot hahaha.

Thanks everyone :)