The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   :'( Prayers and thoughts needed for my cousin (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/prayers-thoughts-needed-my-cousin-53042/)

Gidji 04-19-2010 08:12 AM

:'( Prayers and thoughts needed for my cousin

:cry: On Friday night, my cousin was ran over by a 4wd just kilometres from my house on the highway. He was on his brand new motor bike his Dad bought him. He was airlifted to John Hunter hospital in a critical condition. My cousin, my little champion boxer with the curly hair, was hit. I don't know what it is with my family. My other cousin was ran over last year and lost his leg. We're just having a bad run. He still isn't in a stable condition

The current list of injuries is multiple fractures to the lower leg, lots of damage to the knee, broken T3 (Mum said this a broken vertebrae or something in the leg?), multiple facial injuries including a broken eye socket, jaw, and cheek bone, broken collar bone, 1 of his kidneys is at risk of being removed, severe bruising around the spleen which they are investigating further, pneumo (sp?) thorax something or other (which is to due with his respitory system) and a whole lot of lacerations on his body.
The only thing we are grateful for at the moment, is that there appears to be no brain damage.

I don't think words can explain how I'm feeling. I'm so grateful it wasn't my brother, but I'm devastated it was my Sam. I'm angry that people are saying he was bashed up, he was hit by a God **** car. They're spreading rumours about him and I swear if I hear someone say it to me, I don't know how I'll control myself.

So I know you guys don't know me, or my cousin, but I'm a firm believer in positive thoughts so I'd really appreciate your support through this tough time. I really do appreciate this forum, you guys get me through some tough times.

MIEventer 04-19-2010 09:42 AM

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! What a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through.

I am sending prayers and good vibes your way!

Wallaby 04-19-2010 10:35 AM

Oh my goodness. That's a horrible thing to have happen! I can only imagine what I'd be like if my baby cousin got hit by a car. Wow. I'm so sorry you have to go through this!

I'll be praying and sending good thoughts in the direction of your family and your cousin.

Keep us updated please!

kmacdougall 04-19-2010 11:54 AM

That's so terrible :( I am hoping for your family to get through this and for your cousin to make a healthy, speedy recovery in no time.

Carleen 04-19-2010 12:19 PM

I am so, so sorry! I will keep him in my thoughts!
Was it a hit and run? I can't believe how some people can do things like this.

TaMMa89 04-19-2010 12:24 PM

That's horrible to hear :shock:. I'm sorry for you all.

My thoughts are absolutely with him.

wild_spot 04-19-2010 07:40 PM

Sending prayers and good thoughts.

He is lucky to be alive - A young biker was hit by a car in Canberra a cuple nights ago and he was killed instantly.

Hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery!

Gidji 04-20-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carleen (Post 609364)
I am so, so sorry! I will keep him in my thoughts!
Was it a hit and run? I can't believe how some people can do things like this.

Thankfully it wasn't a hit and run. The lady driving the car thought she had ran off the road and the reflector on the back of Sam's bike she thought was a reflector post. However, we do know that one of his mates was riding with him and just kept riding and left him there. And when Sam tells me who it is, Ill give em a piece of my mind. How could you just leave your mate there?

All of his injuries are pretty much the same. He's been having scans all day and they are quite concerned about his liver. He may have to have part of it removed. He's being operated on tomorrow to try and fix his knee if no more complications come up. I'm going down to see him tomorrow so expect more updates as they come through.

Thank you guys, I don't think you fully understand how much I appreciate your support and positive thoughts.