The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Tell me what ya think :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/tell-me-what-ya-think-53270/)

AppysForLife 04-21-2010 07:20 PM

Tell me what ya think :)

1 Attachment(s)
So mmmkay i might be buying this colt. So far this is the only picture i have of him but tell me everything that is wrong with him lol. Im wanting to do halter with him. so tel me why i shouldnt buy him...
Thanks!

ShutUpJoe 04-21-2010 07:31 PM

Those are some SKINNY legs! Very nice color. I think he looks good. Are you going to show in Appy shows? I wonder if it is harder to compete with an Appy with no blanket or spots against those with. Or is there seperate classes like breeding stock paints?

roro 04-21-2010 08:12 PM

I'm not too happy with his legs, they are not particularly sturdy. For halter and normal/light riding he should be fine, but realize that's the biggest flaw for him. He is downhill at the moment but that could be a growth spurt, and thus he may grow at least a bit out of such a steep angle. I don't know much about halter classes so that's all I can say really.

White Foot 04-21-2010 08:15 PM

I think he would be perfect. He will grow into his legs, my horse Gunther had sticks for legs but now they are perfect. He's going to be a good looking horse.

EventersBabe 04-21-2010 09:20 PM

palominos=LOVE
hes a baby he will grow :)

bethsone 04-21-2010 09:33 PM

I think he's lovely i like a dainty leg it looks very elegant when they are moving congrats on the buy!!

Cinnys Whinny 04-21-2010 09:52 PM

I hope his feet grow too, teeny teeny feet. The first thing I thought of was Navicular with all that weight on those teeny feet and teeny heels.

Appy Luvr 04-22-2010 12:04 AM

I love him!!! Do I see some spots on him peaking through?

GottaRide 04-22-2010 09:27 AM

He's a pretty one! I think he's put together quite nicely, but I see more of a rider than a halter horse. He'll still hold his own in the halter ring. How's he move? I bet those legs stretch out for a big floaty stride!

Gidji 04-22-2010 09:37 AM

He's a nice enough lil fella, and I agree with everyone else his legs are teeny tiny. I think though he will grow into them. His pasterns are probably the biggest fault that I can pick with his legs, but overall I like him. Hopefully as he grows the testosterone will kick in and he'll solid up. But then again, he looks just as nice how he is now; dainty and pretty :) Good luck with him if you buy him.