The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   UGH! She keeps taking her bellboots off! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/ugh-she-keeps-taking-her-bellboots-53284/)

eventerdrew 04-21-2010 09:26 PM

UGH! She keeps taking her bellboots off!

So Demi, being the smart little bugger that she is, knows how to un-velcro her bellboots. I don't know what to do about it! She's got very nice Professional's Choice No Turn bellboots that I got especially for her when I ride.

She got shoes yesterday. Now, she must have her bellboots on in the pasture so she will not pull her shoes. She takes them off every second she gets! She neatly undoes the velcro and plays with the bellboot in her mouth :evil:

I have tried hot sauce. Doesn't work. Demi likes hot sauce :shock:

Any suggestions on how to get her to stop taking her boots off?

PS- I am getting the slip on boots as soon as I can afford them but for now, I need something with these to work!

MIEventer 04-21-2010 09:48 PM

Have you tried wrapping the velcro with duct tape? Or the double lock one's?

eventerdrew 04-21-2010 09:50 PM

My mother nixed the duct tape because Demi will surely eat it. No joke. It would kill her and I don't want a dead horse on my hands!

They already are the double lock kind, that stinky horse!

MIEventer 04-21-2010 09:52 PM

I would just go with the pull on's then.

If she likes tabasco sauce, then I don't see any other product working that is on the market to stop chewing.

JustDressageIt 04-21-2010 09:55 PM

I have to tee-hee at the image of Demi with a boot in her mouth going "hahaha neener-neener-neener!"
Uhm... hate to break it to ya, but it sounds like you've got to graduate to pull-ons *snigger* I hate pull-ons with a passion...

eventerdrew 04-21-2010 09:55 PM

yeah, exactly! I saw her pull them off a record SEVEN times today. *sigh*

I will def get pull ons. But I need something called $$ :D

JustDressageIt 04-21-2010 10:07 PM

She's probably too big for them, but I have some mediums for sale. $5 and they're yours. Probably too small though...

MIEventer 04-21-2010 10:08 PM

Drew, I have a pair of baby blue one's you can have for free. I cannot stand pull on's and they were given to me and I wont use them. So if you want, they're yours.

eventerdrew 04-21-2010 10:14 PM

omg thanks guys! What size are yours Kim? She has pony feet so Mediums or smaller would work.

JustDressageIt 04-21-2010 10:20 PM

Really? They fit my 15hh mare. I'm willing to refund if they don't fit, too. I got them for her, and sold her a month after I got them. They've been used twice. Black, ribbed.