The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   A browband made especially for the boys (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/browband-made-especially-boys-53452/)

ikle pickle 04-24-2010 12:49 PM

A browband made especially for the boys

3 Attachment(s)
Today my hubby has been a buisy bee and has made a browband for the big boy's so they are not left out. Here is a few pictures of hubby working on the band. If any one would like this band it is a full size band 1" 1/2 width and the metal work is cast in solid brass and is 2" in size. The leather he has used is english hand waxed leather in Havana. But sadly this is an expensive band as the amount of leather and brass that has been used, but it look's good me is thinking, the band that is not my hubby lol:) no i love him really x
Attachment 30014
Attachment 30016
Attachment 30017

ikle pickle 04-25-2010 11:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Am all excited, here are a few pictures of some horses that now own our bands:) Bertie looks so handsome and the mare is such a pretty girl:-)
Attachment 30053

draftrider 04-25-2010 12:22 PM

Its beautiful!!!!!! I would buy one in a heartbeat for my Perch.

ikle pickle 04-25-2010 12:33 PM

The one with the celtic cross in havana needs a home draftrider:) It a big one though, 1" half wide and 16.5 " long .

draftrider 04-26-2010 12:19 PM

Let me measure my draft's browband and I bet it will fit him just right. His bridle is havana brown so it would be perfect. What are you asking for it?

ikle pickle 04-26-2010 05:40 PM

The retail for this browband is 45.00, but for people on the forum this one is 35.00 as really is high quality. Here are some images of it finished, the lighting is not very good so looks almost black in the image, but it is very much havana as shown above when the light was better:) We were thinking of making a matching nose band so if you would like this band let me know as we have the brass work ready for the nose band, or if you preffer can save it for you for a later date:) There are a few images of the band with the griffins over the top just to see how it would look but are not attachedxx

ikle pickle 04-26-2010 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try again :)Attachment 30146

draftrider 04-27-2010 02:14 AM

I like that, but I am wondering if you have anything that is more like the Celt cross in the center that would match it? I'm Scots and Ulster Scots in heritage and just love the Celt work. =)

ikle pickle 04-27-2010 04:05 AM

The browband for sale at the moment is the one with the cross:-) We can do you something for your nose band that matches the cross in a celtic,saxon design:) If you would preffer us to custom make you one if you email me at coldewol@live.com then we can discuss some of your ideas. The celtic designs you can have are endless:-)Love ikle pickle

armydogs 04-28-2010 04:07 AM

do you happen to have a website, i have a friend who might be interested in one of these.