The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique this possible buy - Thoroughbred Gelding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-possible-buy-thoroughbred-gelding-53472/)

gabrielstriumph 04-24-2010 06:44 PM

Critique this possible buy - Thoroughbred Gelding

BIG AND GENTLE TB GELDING

Just wanted to know your thoughts and opinions about going to go look at this guy. Already emailed the owners asking for background info, more extensive info like height and experience and stuff, and I'm waiting for a reply.

What do you think abou the looks of him? Any opinions welcome.
:) Thanks.

Twilight Arabians 04-24-2010 07:11 PM

He looks like a great horse for a great price! I would definitely go see him, make sure you let them know not to do any work with him until you get there, including catching him I would also have a vet check done on him just to be safe, $500 for a well broke horse seams almost too good to be true.

Squeak 04-24-2010 07:26 PM

I wish i could find one like that around me for that price. Go see him! What do you want to do with him?

themacpack 04-24-2010 08:19 PM

Well, the pictures aren't really great for critiquing, per say, but I'd say he is definitely worth going to see. The price really doesn't surprise me much, as long as you check him out thoroughly (PPE, etc) and he is all they claim he is, he'd be a steal.

gabrielstriumph 04-24-2010 09:09 PM

Yeah, horses around here are practically being given away. Barns left and right are closing due to the economy. It's a shame. And I'd be doing english with him, small fences, no bigger than 3 ft. Maybe a few shows.

dantexeventer 04-24-2010 10:01 PM

Bring your trainer with you to look at him. As he's so cheap, you can justify spending the money to bring her out with you! And definitely get a full work up - a trial period would be good, too. If it sounds too good to be true, too often it is. Do everything you can to eliminate the risk factor.

1getAlife2rideAhorse 04-28-2010 08:51 PM

what a great horse! ahahhaha ahhhh! they need to email back!

flamingauburnmustang 04-29-2010 10:01 AM

He seems really great. It definately won't hurt to check him out and see how he is. I'm sure the owners must trust him for a reason if they let their 4 year old ride him. :grin:

Let us know what they say! :wink: