The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Captain Kirk for Canada's Governor General ???? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/captain-kirk-canadas-governor-general-53492/)

Spyder 04-24-2010 10:49 PM

Captain Kirk for Canada's Governor General ????

Canada's present GG is likely to step down soon and there is a movement afoot to have William Shatner..captain Kirk from the Star Trek series be nominated.

Where were a lot of goggles heard on the streets of many Canadian cities.

For those not in the know a Governor General is the Queen's representative to Canada so they represent the Queen's presence in Canada.

shesinthebarn 04-25-2010 12:11 PM

Ack! The guy does advertising for some kind of bran bars to keep you regular. Nice. I've heard he'a a real jerk in person also which is kind of counterproductive, seeing as the GG's role is one that calls for exceptional people skills.
On the plus side, he's pretty funny (Boston Legal is a pretty decent show) and he's into reining horses. At least he used to have reiners...
IDK, I sort of hope it's a joke...

Spyder 04-25-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shesinthebarn (Post 614794)
Ack! The guy does advertising for some kind of bran bars to keep you regular. Nice. I've heard he'a a real jerk in person also which is kind of counterproductive, seeing as the GG's role is one that calls for exceptional people skills.
On the plus side, he's pretty funny (Boston Legal is a pretty decent show) and he's into reining horses. At least he used to have reiners...
IDK, I sort of hope it's a joke...

There is supposed to be a thing on facebook and it has 11,000 fans and growing...LOL

smrobs 04-25-2010 04:50 PM

Seriously?? He always struck me as kind of a goober.

Carleen 04-25-2010 07:04 PM

HAHAHA! Well, if Schwarzenegger can be Governor of California - why not?
Better than Michaelle Jean IMO!

sarahver 04-25-2010 07:45 PM

Well I don't see why not, it really is more of a ceremonial role these days. The last thing a Governor General did for us (Aussies) was dismiss the Whitlam government in the 70's!

Good thing for us Steve Irwin isn't around anymore.

Spyder 04-25-2010 09:37 PM

I wonder if he would carry a gun and drop his pants ( like in Boston Legal).

smrobs 04-25-2010 09:39 PM

But I guess sometimes the least obvious choice is maybe the best one. If I had had any say on who got elected as our first black president, I would have chosen Bill Cosby.

NorthernMama 04-25-2010 09:52 PM

Oh lordy when I heard this last week I was just SOOOOO embarrassed to be Canadian. The guy comes off as a nimrod. Ok, we don't seem to have very high standards for GG, but p-leze! save us from ourselves!

kmacdougall 04-25-2010 09:58 PM

I vote Peter Milliken for GG.