The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (
-   -   Looking for a Jointed Snaffle Bit...Please Read (

Velvetgrace 04-24-2010 11:57 PM

Looking for a Jointed Snaffle Bit...Please Read
I am looking for a jointed Snaffle Bit. I really don't care about the maker, but I do care about the type of bit that I am looking for.

I am looking for a jointed snaffle bit that may look like a tom thumb bit with shanks, but with a roller, or bead joint. The mouth pieces need to be slightly bent / curved for comfort for the horse. Each section should be able to move independely and the shangle pieces can turn in/out.

I will show pictures of something that is similar to what I am looking for. I am not sure what exactly these bits are called. Some of the makers that I have seen are Bobby Allen, Myler, Reinsmen, Kelly ???, and etc. However I am not looking for a $200 bit, but something that is worth getting and used for trail riding and playday events.

HooverH 04-26-2010 11:51 PM

Let me try to find the number for this guy, I was going to post it in the tack forum when my bit came in. He's from New Mexico, and custom makes bits. They are heavy dark steel. I ordered a full-cheek with a link in the middle and copper ring rollers on the center joint. The bars have copper striping rather than a full copper mouth. It only cost me $50 dollars, and he picked up the shipping for me since he didn't have what I wanted at the show. It's called Dutton, he's listed on here.

Macslady 04-27-2010 07:23 AM

Have seen something like that in a Robart bit. Go to Home and check out the different bit types. They may have what you are looking for and don't cost a fortune.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0