The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Who loves TBs? :] (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/who-loves-tbs-%5D-53521/)

Sunny 04-25-2010 01:36 PM

Who loves TBs? :]

I do!! :D Haha. Who here loves Thoroughbreds? Do you own, ride, or just plain like them? Let's here about your TB and why you love them! :D I have a 2 year old TB filly, Sunny. :] I think the main reason I am so drawn to her is because of her goofy, puppydog personality. She is so funny. She picks up everything she can and will walk around with it, until she decides there's something better to do, and she'll throw it. XD This includes cell phones, cameras, and, her favorite, brushes and buckets! Haha. I love that she's high strung, I don't always like push-button horses, I like a challenge. :] So why do you love your TB? :]
Posted via Mobile Device

Jessabel 04-25-2010 04:36 PM

Thoroughbreds FTW. =D
I love my guy because he's full of personality and I never know what to expect with him. He's very much an eccentric aristocrat and fully expects to be treated like a prince. He pouts and sulks if he doesn't get his way. Which isn't too often because all he has to do is give me "the look" and he's got me at his beck and call. I think I'm his pet. lol :lol:

BarrelracingArabian 04-25-2010 04:50 PM

love em my trainer has told me mulitple times i am a born tb rider. I have ridden 2 a mare named rave shes 22 this year i believe and blind in one eye but she was my baby girl i was the only one who could ride her gaits and actually get her into a fairly slow canter. My last but favorite throughbred ever is Soldier my 19yr old gelding who i had to put down this year due to a twisted gut. He was amazing after just 2 dys he would follow me all over as i set up a pattern to work on or move barrels. Our last ride was bareback i got on and layed on his back and just talked to him and he would walk a little and then stop and snort as if answering something i said. I miss him tb's are amazing horses :]

equiniphile 04-25-2010 05:29 PM

My mom's boyfriend owns a Paint and 3 OTTB's....I LOVE riding the fiestyish TB (wow big surprise) she's the one no one else wants to ride because she just wants to GO! I'm also probably buying a 16hh TB for myself. Not my fav breed, but I do love their speed!

thunderhooves 04-25-2010 05:32 PM

I don't! Just sayin...lol

dantexeventer 04-25-2010 05:44 PM

LOVE Thoroughbreds - particularly OTTBs. I've always had a deep love for them, but working for PDawson meant that I was getting on the horses right after they came off the track. They are just SO smart, pliable, athletic, and above all, HONEST. They will give and give where another horse will say "uh uh. Not happening." I cannot stand people who perpetuate the crazy TB legend...it is SUCH crap.

Sunny 04-25-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantexeventer (Post 615049)
LOVE Thoroughbreds - particularly OTTBs. I've always had a deep love for them, but working for PDawson meant that I was getting on the horses right after they came off the track. They are just SO smart, pliable, athletic, and above all, HONEST. They will give and give where another horse will say "uh uh. Not happening." I cannot stand people who perpetuate the crazy TB legend...it is SUCH crap.

Agreed! They're so willing. They put their heart into their work, and they're so eager to please. Such big hearted horses. :]
Posted via Mobile Device

ridergirl23 04-25-2010 06:13 PM

I love TB's, along with QH and hannoverians. haha my first horse was a TB, he waas to slow for the track so i got him, haha. Rena (the horse i have now) is TB/honnoverian, and i absalutly love her! haha she has the mind of a QH, and looks like a QH

sarahver 04-25-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantexeventer (Post 615049)
I cannot stand people who perpetuate the crazy TB legend...it is SUCH crap.

Couldn't agree more. The only reason there is a crazy TB legend to begin with is because the racing industry is so hard on them and too many people try and take on OTTB's when they shouldn't, usually with disastrous results. Not the horses fault.

Horses for courses. I love them too!

ShowjumpingGirl94 04-25-2010 07:41 PM

I love TBs they are not crazy at all they are a very sweet breed and are lot of fun!!!!