The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cutting and Team Penning (http://www.horseforum.com/cutting-team-penning/)
-   -   Paul cutting pics (http://www.horseforum.com/cutting-team-penning/paul-cutting-pics-53547/)

myQHpaul 04-25-2010 09:31 PM

Paul cutting pics

4 Attachment(s)
About 3 weeks ago, Paul cut cows for the first time. He had been working on a flag until then. He hasn't been in any competitions yet but my trainer has high hopes for him. I hope that next year, I will be riding him in the competitions :-)

Attachment 30072

Attachment 30074

Attachment 30075

Attachment 30073

He should actually have his first show May 15th but we found out he had a sore back earlier this week so we took it easy on him. It seems to have healed so my trainer is going to be working him again.

SorrelHorse 04-25-2010 11:57 PM

Looks like he'll be a good horse and serve you well :)

Amaranth 05-12-2010 11:39 AM

Very nice! Hopefully he feels better in time for your show :)

risingsunqh 06-06-2010 11:00 AM

Who is on him in pic 4?

Is this your trainer in all the pics? Who will be showing him and where are you starting him out - 2000$ or the $3000 ??

myQHpaul 06-07-2010 12:28 PM

My trainer is showing him this year but I will be getting lessons in the fall for the following 2011 show year. My trainer has been cutting horses for 30 years. Up until now, we haven't officially entered him in anything yet. He just went to the NCHA in Finley Ohio for some fresh cow cutting practice. We hope to have him entered in the Ohio Cutting Horse Association (OCHA) competition in July. He isn't a finished cutting horse by any means so this year, we're concerned with just getting him exposure. Next year, he should show some great progress.

risingsunqh 06-07-2010 03:20 PM

Cool. I was just wondering which division your trainer was aiming him toward. I'm assuming you mean colt works rather than ncha shows for exposure? I was wondering who the trainer was since I know many from the Ohio area from my days on the east coast. Was that him in the pics? Your making him s weekends horse rather than aged evebt correct. How old is he. How is he bred? Not many cutters onboard here so nice to enjoy some conversation. Not interested in critizing just cutting curiosity.
Posted via Mobile Device

myQHpaul 06-09-2010 02:29 PM

The trainer's name is Stacy Little. He just got his professional cutting classification this year. That is in fact, him in the pics. He works from his barn called "Little Luck Farm" in Lagrange Ohio. Since we haven't entered Paul in any competitions yet, I don't know what class he would be entered in but I should know for the next show in July

Paul is 7 years old and he has an incredible breeding record. His sire is Playred, grandsire is Freckles Playboy, and his great grandsire is Peppy San Badger. He picked up cutting very easily again. he was on break from it for a few years. He was started when he was 4 and then didn't have much done with him until last fall.

IllComeALopin 06-09-2010 02:41 PM

Wow, in your 'barn' it says he is 16 hands, is that true?

I've been thinking about doing some cow-y stuff with my gelding, who is also 16 hands, but I was thinking he would be to tall for it. :oops:

SorrelHorse 06-09-2010 04:57 PM

It is definately difficult for the taller horses to cut that well. They need to be able tog et down low and crouch, cut, and really get int he ground.

Not saying that the taller horses can't do it, just saying they aren't as well built for it.

Paint Mom 07-01-2010 02:09 AM

Very nice!