The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Extra Wide Browband??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/extra-wide-browband-53629/)

Clementine 04-26-2010 08:52 PM

Extra Wide Browband???

Does anyone know where I can find an extra wide browband? My Perch/Paint gelding wears a horse size bridle, but the browband is narrow.

NorthernMama 04-26-2010 11:09 PM

I had that problem with my mare. I finally gave up looking and made my own. I bought some nylon webbing the width and length I needed. Length was doubled over, loops sewn on each end. Then I did a ribbon weave on it and presto - done!

duckeh 04-26-2010 11:32 PM

Most tack stores should have *just* the browbands for sale, even just plain ones, in different sizes. Most plain browbands here are roughly $5-$10 depending on leather quality, and size of course. The places I've been to have anything from pony, horse, warmblood/oversize.. usually you're out of luck to find anything specifically for a draft (if in the case a warmblood size doesn't fit).

MIEventer 04-26-2010 11:34 PM

PM NuttyEquestrian. He is a leather maker and I bet he can make you one to your specifications :)

Nutty Saddler 04-27-2010 02:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
MIEventer is not wrong

I have been making bridlework for 18 years so I could make you almost anything.
You can have a band made to your design - a plain browband, a V browband, a browband with your designed pattern stitched in to a browband in any colour you want !.
see pics below for some idea - the first pic is of shaped browbands, the second
is of coloured bands green, blue, purple and red ( as the dyes mix any colour is possible ), the third is beaded browbands

Attachment 30205

Attachment 30206

Attachment 30207

PM me to talk about what you want

ikle pickle 04-29-2010 04:27 AM

Nutty your work is fantastic:) Just found your website and your work certainly shows how long you have been working with leather:) He has been very helpfull to myself and i highly recommend nutty. Here is his website for a direct link to some of nutty things, will show you mine nutty when it ever gets finished lol:)xxx
GALLERY