The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Do you and your riding friends have a "name"? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/do-you-your-riding-friends-have-53659/)

LoveStory10 04-27-2010 09:05 AM

Do you and your riding friends have a "name"?

My instructers have taken to calling me and the other two girls I ride with "show names" LOL. They are all just jokes though :)

We get called "The Young and the Useless" lol, "Saten's Spawn" :twisted: hehe and my personal fave; "Children of Corn" LOL.

We also have a song :roll: that goes like this; "Im blonde, Im blonde, I is what I am." LOL.

Do any of you get called a fun little name?

Ktibb 04-27-2010 09:16 AM

How cute! I never had formal lessons with other girls (or boys for that matter) when I was younger. It sounds like you're in a fun environment and it's good to hear. So often it seems people take ridding too seriously, it's nice to see you're having fun with it.

StormyBlues 04-27-2010 11:48 AM

Im the perfectionist on the perfect horse. There is a set of identicle twins, and their bff is another girl at the barn, so they're the triplets. And then there are so many others...
Posted via Mobile Device

horsegirlmaddy 04-27-2010 06:18 PM

You're so lucky! My instructor is a very stern, no-nonsense lady. We get a lot done, but I wish I was in a bit of a friendlier environment like you are!

.Delete. 04-27-2010 06:33 PM

Saddle Club Gone Wild xD Me and 2 others always rode together at the same barn, thats what people called us

IslandWave 04-28-2010 02:57 AM

Haha, pretty cute! My BO isn't really into nicknames (other than calling the kiddies midgets or barn rats), but one of the other ladies I work with gives nicknames to everyone.

wintec 04-28-2010 03:46 PM

My friend, my sister, and I were called our instructor's "catholic School Girls" everyone knew who we were, not by name but by that title lol she loved us :)

FlitterBug 04-28-2010 05:29 PM

When I was younger, my friends dad called her and I "the thick and thin of things". It was pretty mean though, she has always struggled with her weight.

I have always been called stretch, ostrich, and flamingo. Those ones seem recurrent with a lot of different people that I meet.

SorrelHorse 04-28-2010 10:39 PM

Heeellloooo I'm the Spawn of Satan! Pssh :D

Anyway, Toni calls me "Sadie" (Satan....Sadie....Get it? :D) and Brittney "Legally Blonde n' Dun It" because she rides a dun gelding named Danny who's registered name is RWR Danny's Dun It (One of Jester's foals ^^ ) and she is absolutely a stereotypical blonde, ditsy and fun.

BarrelracingArabian 04-28-2010 10:45 PM

haha well miranda is randaroo,sydney is sissyroo or horsebite, brianna is nana, im taytay or taylorroo(we use my middle name since my first is hard to rhyme with haha.