The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   What do you think of my show clothing? Very excited :) (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/what-do-you-think-my-show-53664/)

HalfPass 04-27-2010 10:24 AM

What do you think of my show clothing? Very excited :)

Hey all.
Here are the items I have ordered for my show atire.
What do you think?
Sorry I am technically challenged and could not get the picture copied.
Dressage Coat
ROMFH Dressage Coat - Dover Saddlery.

Gloves White
Dover Saddlery - Search Results for bionic gloves

Shirt- not exact one but very close
Romfh CoolMax Short Sleeve Dressage Show Shirt - Dover Saddlery.

Pin for my stock tie
Horse Head Stock Tie/Choker Pin from SmartPak Equine

Rather than order things from all over I was able to show all the items I wanted to my local feed store and they ordered everything for me at a lessor price. Now I just have to sit and wait!

I am still working on the white breeches. I have them coming in the mail and will pick the ones that look the best and feel the best.

Again sorry for posting just the links.

I am so excited about this show. It was only a few years ago that I thought I would never ride again. So the very fact I am going to have this opportunity is overwhelming. Never thought I would be able to do it.
:)
So what do you think???
Halfpass:wink:

Amir 04-27-2010 09:09 PM

That stock pin is really pretty :)
And that jacket kicks the but of my Dublin one.

Looks like it's going to be a nice outfit when it's all been put together :D

paintsrule 04-27-2010 09:38 PM

Im no english rider but I like it.

MIEventer 04-27-2010 09:44 PM

I think they all look great!

Are you sure you want to go with white gloves though? You don't see those until - usually - around the upper levels.

I was told by an R rated Dressage Judge that you should wear black gloves to not draw attention to your hands - for lower level riders who aren't disciplined with quiet hands - so I've always ridden dressage with black gloves.

Not saying you aren't disciplined with quiet hands, I was just wondering.

Carleen 04-27-2010 11:43 PM

I definitely second the black gloves idea - I've been told to wear black gloves as well.
Also the show shirt, to me, looks kind of just like a polo? Maybe I'm crazy, but it doesn't seem like something I'd wear to a show... it zips all the way up doesn't it? I don't know, maybe that's what people wear to dressage shows these days? haha
I've always worn something more like this:
http://www.greenhawk.net/scstore/graphics/DRC6143_F.jpg

Amir 04-27-2010 11:49 PM

Well the link says in the description that it's a dressage show shirt so I guess it would look all the same with the stock and jacket?

I've always been talked out of buying white gloves to show in when I've been looking at some nice ones so I'm now stuck with my falling apart black ones. I have a grey horse though so wouldn't white be the better option there? I've tried explaining that but it's just been easier to say "you're right" and give up the arguement.

HalfPass 04-28-2010 09:33 AM

Thanks for all the comments.
I do have black gloves so I can decide later what I want to put on.
I really like the shirt and I did comfirm it is leagal to have in the show ring. The zipper will not show due to the stock tie.
I did go to a show last weekend to watch and I saw both white gloves and balck at various levels, so I will have to double check. I suppose if my instructor says wear the black...then black it will be....

You al I am just tickled pink about the whole entire thing. I have totally been working hard for the last 4 plus months on my riding.
Not to mention the little horse I will show had never done dressage before. He basically was trained western and ridden by his owner around the bridle path.

I was looking at my instructor riding him and he really has come together nicely! Looks like a little dressage pony. His mane reminds me of a pomerainian (sp)
He is a haflinger.
maybe by this time next year I will be able to ride my own horse. Now that will probly make me cry....lol...I have been through so much myself and then my mare has had her fair share and still recovering.

Halfpass

Amir 04-28-2010 06:39 PM

HalfPass that's fantastic :)
I hope this show is as amazing as you hope and so much more. Best of luck for it!

Carleen 04-28-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfPass (Post 618022)
I really like the shirt and I did comfirm it is leagal to have in the show ring. The zipper will not show due to the stock tie.

Good, glad you made sure of that BEFORE spending the money on it!
Good luck with your showing... makes me want new show gear. :p

~*~anebel~*~ 04-28-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 617595)
I think they all look great!

Are you sure you want to go with white gloves though? You don't see those until - usually - around the upper levels.

I was told by an R rated Dressage Judge that you should wear black gloves to not draw attention to your hands - for lower level riders who aren't disciplined with quiet hands - so I've always ridden dressage with black gloves.

Not saying you aren't disciplined with quiet hands, I was just wondering.

I hate this misconception.
White gloves are so much more classic and I always encourage people to wear white gloves when showing dressage.

Your hands are in general, firmly attached to your arms. Therefore, any judge can see where they are regardless of glove colour.
If you have horrible hands - I don't even need to look at them, your horse will tell me all I need to know. A rider with good hands will have a horse going nicely to the contact. A rider without good hands will have the opposite effect on her horse.

White gloves, please.