The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Show ring look... without the show ring price? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/show-ring-look-without-show-ring-53669/)

Poco1220 04-27-2010 11:52 AM

Show ring look... without the show ring price?

So I've gotten into jumping and plan to start showing over small fences this summer. However I'm having trouble with getting my show outfit together. I managed to get a brand new HDR saddle on eBay for under $500 and am hoping to get the matching bridle soon so my horse will be taken care of.

As far as me? I found some devonaire breeches on eBay brand new for under $20 which IMO was a great buy. Having XW calves show boots were a big problem but I shopped the 4-H sale at Midwest Horse Fair and found a pair that fit me perfectly for $60. I have no issues finding a ratcatcher but it's the hunt coat that is causing issues. They seem to be super expensive at local stores, but cheaper online. However I can't seem to find sizing charts for most of them online and I'm not the average h/j sized girl. Help?

StormyBlues 04-27-2010 01:01 PM

I'd try Dover. They have great prices, and let you swap for sizing issues
Posted via Mobile Device

My Beau 04-27-2010 10:41 PM

Go try the coats on at the store. Find the size/brand you like, then look for it elsewhere on the internet for a cheaper price.

upnover 04-29-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Beau (Post 617590)
Go try the coats on at the store. Find the size/brand you like, then look for it elsewhere on the internet for a cheaper price.

Agreed. Different brand coats fit people very very differently and that's one item you really want to get the right fit in.

PBritton2U 04-29-2010 11:39 AM

That's what I did--tried the coats in the store; ended up buying on-line. Worked like a charm.

Pam
Posted via Mobile Device

ozarkmama 05-03-2010 04:21 PM

My DD really likes the fuller filly brand.