The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   What's your playlist? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/whats-your-playlist-53742/)

Qtswede 04-28-2010 12:03 AM

What's your playlist?

OK, so the subject of iPods/Zune/Music while riding was brought up --- so those of you that like to do your arena work to music .... what do you like to ride to? Specific songs, or bands, please.... looking for ideas for some of my students to boost them a little during games, circle work.....

I'll start ....
for warm ups, I like anything upbeat - KT Tunstall, Natasha Bedingfield, Ani DiFranco, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Aerosmith ....

reining work: George Strait, Brooks & Dunn, Brad Paisley, Dixie Chicks, AC/DC, Kiss, and Bon Jovi .... off the top of my head.

dressage work: Queen, Nine Inch Nails, Muse, Metric, and, of course, Mozart...lol.

colts I usually stick with nothing to begin with, then start with some classical.

Lots more, I just can see programs in my head to certain tunes.
Just curious as to what other folks listen to. ;) It's hard to tell what folks are working with when they have buds in.

horsegirlmaddy 04-28-2010 06:10 PM

I really like Kelly Clarkson for flatwork and jumping :)

Phaeton 04-28-2010 06:23 PM

I just got an I Pod think they are great. I have not got a chance to load music on it yet but soon. Still figuring out how it works. Looking forward to using it with the horses I hope they like it.

WSArabians 04-28-2010 06:57 PM

I've always got the radio on in the background, always tuned to 100.3, The Bear!
So I get my daily dose of System Of A Down, Nirvana, Three Days Grace, Godsmack, Puddle Of Mudd, Social Code, etc. :D

SorrelHorse 04-28-2010 10:33 PM

I have a few songs on my Ipod touch that I create a quick playlist for my rides. I hook it up to Toni's arena speakers and go to work. Here's what I listen to:

- Bad Influence by P!nk
- Bad Romance by Lady GaGa
- Break The Ice by Britney Spears
- Circus by Britney Spears
- Cuz I Can by P!nk
- Damaged by Plumb
- Down by Jay Sean
- Evacuate The Dancefloor by Cascada
- Fergalicious by Fergie
- Get The Party Started by P!nk
- He Said She Said by Ashley Tisdale
- Just Dance - Lady GaGa
- Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne
- Independence Day by Martina Mcbride
- Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) by Bob Sinclair
- Rock What You Got by Superchick
- Shut Up And Drive by Rihanna
- Sideways by Dierks Bentley
- Tik Tok by Ke$ha
- Tourniquet by Evanescence
- Untouched by The Veronicas

I like a lot of dance music, and fast songs. I kind of like Goth rock but its not my favorite. I really like Country but very little of it makes me really get in the mood and all hyped up for a nice ride. There's a few that inspire me and are really fun, so I have those on there :)

Qtswede 04-29-2010 12:34 AM

NICE, Sorrelhorse - nearly forgot all about Pink!

SorrelHorse 04-29-2010 01:53 AM

Hehe, she's been my favorite for a long time. She's so fun, and her music is fun to dance to, and Bad Influence just happens to be Annie's them song :)

Lucifer 04-29-2010 02:30 AM

The Mass - Era
Ameno - Era

Strange 04-29-2010 12:09 PM

I'm a big 3OH3!, PATD, and Breathe Carolina fan for when I'm riding. They've all got a good beat. Also, depending on the horse, I like some heavy metal or hard rock.

flamingauburnmustang 04-29-2010 01:29 PM

I like to keep it different and interesting, so there are way too many songs to list. But a few of the artists and bands on my cell are:

Kelly Clarkson
Black Eyed Peas
Enrique Iglesias
Paramore
Bosson
Pink
Kesha

And if I really need a lift or a good hard beat: Ultrabeat or any house music! LOL :lol: