The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Please help :) which kind of pad? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/please-help-kind-pad-53751/)

shanoona 04-28-2010 05:43 AM

Please help :) which kind of pad?

Hi there.
I have my pony mare. We had her saddle fitted her, but it doesn't hold the right position though. The problem is that she has absolutely no whithers and she is "over-built"(?)=she has her butt higher then her whithers.
I use AP english saddle with the crupper, but she seems not comfortable wearing it. I used to put some vaseline on it, but it didn't help...:(
I found this: De?ka ?abraka tlumící AntiSlip VS+S+D - Article detail / Equiservis for translation, it has anti slip surface on the side towards horses back, neopren to anti shock, ... i saw a video and there the saddler said it is fine for ponies... But I found it only in full size... That wouldn't be so hard to cut it, but I am afraid that i will demage the neopren part... Will it be OK to use this with small 16 '' pony saddle? does that matter thet the saddle ends before the neopren does?

Then I found this:
De?ka tlumící gelová Eskadron - Article detail / Equiservis
But I am not sure if this would help with the forward-sliding...

OR this,
Nunn Finer No Slip Pad Ultra
but I am not sure, whether 1.they can deliver it for me to Czech Republic, and 2. helps MY sliding problem-It surely solve the problem of backward-sliding, but what about forward-sliding?

poniesponiesponies 04-28-2010 06:07 AM

Don't worry about cutting stuff if it helps it help. I had the same prob with one of my ponies and I got I wintec saddle in the end. It was lighter and stayed put much better. Was never a fan of synthetic saddles but this really worked.

luvs2ride1979 04-28-2010 01:08 PM

The Nunn Finer pad is your best bet. It won't change your saddle fit and is easy to cut. The thicker pads with neoprene can make an already wobbly saddle even worse! You want as thin of a non-slip pad as possible, along with a very thin saddle pad or numnah (sp?).

A string girth made of mohair (goat) or alpaca fiber also works well to stabilize the saddle. Cotton will also work, though you want to stay away from nylon. Nylon string girths can pinch the skin.

shanoona 04-28-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979 (Post 618181)
The Nunn Finer pad is your best bet. It won't change your saddle fit and is easy to cut. The thicker pads with neoprene can make an already wobbly saddle even worse! You want as thin of a non-slip pad as possible, along with a very thin saddle pad or numnah (sp?).

A string girth made of mohair (goat) or alpaca fiber also works well to stabilize the saddle. Cotton will also work, though you want to stay away from nylon. Nylon string girths can pinch the skin.

Yeah, but the problem is, whether The Nunn Saddlery can deliver it for me to czech republic...

luvs2ride1979 04-28-2010 03:39 PM

Most smaller tack stores will ship Internationally. If Nunn Finer won't do it, try one of their retailers.

This is the pad you want anyway. Much more versitile and thinner.
Charlotte's eCatalog: Nunn Finer No Slip Pad
VTO Saddlery: Nunn Finer No-Slip Pad
Non Slip Pads - Nunn Finer No Slip Pad
Victory Canter English Tack & Apparel - Saddle Pads - Wither Relief & Correction - Nunn Finer No Slip Pad
Nunn Finer No Slip Saddle Pad: Legacy Tack

Call or email one of the above stores and ask about international shipping.

shanoona 04-28-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979 (Post 618316)
Most smaller tack stores will ship Internationally. If Nunn Finer won't do it, try one of their retailers.

This is the pad you want anyway. Much more versitile and thinner.
Charlotte's eCatalog: Nunn Finer No Slip Pad
VTO Saddlery: Nunn Finer No-Slip Pad
Non Slip Pads - Nunn Finer No Slip Pad
Victory Canter English Tack & Apparel - Saddle Pads - Wither Relief & Correction - Nunn Finer No Slip Pad
Nunn Finer No Slip Saddle Pad: Legacy Tack

Call or email one of the above stores and ask about international shipping.

THANK YOU :)
Anyway, if it doesn't work, is there some chance they'll take it back and give me my money back? Or part of my money?

luvs2ride1979 04-28-2010 04:32 PM

Most stores don't allow returns on international orders. The shipping usually costs more than the item, so it doesn't make sense for you to return it anyway. It's only a $20 saddle pad.

shanoona 04-28-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979 (Post 618356)
Most stores don't allow returns on international orders. The shipping usually costs more than the item, so it doesn't make sense for you to return it anyway. It's only a $20 saddle pad.

holy crow, the shipping costs more than the item? omg, i started hesitating :D
anyway, i would just have to try to sell it there in czech if it doesn't work...

Maybe some british company sells that, too? then the shipping shgould be cheaper, shouldn't it?

shanoona 04-28-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanoona (Post 618385)
holy crow, the shipping costs more than the item? omg, i started hesitating :D
anyway, i would just have to try to sell it there in czech if it doesn't work...

Maybe some british company sells that, too? then the shipping shgould be cheaper, shouldn't it?

Maybe these ones? It'S from Germany or Austria, so the shipping should be chaper...
Anti-Slip-Pad, von Eskadron. - Pads - Reitsport Online Shop - Pferdesporthaus Loesdau

MyBoyPuck 04-28-2010 07:56 PM

When I hear the words "slip" and "saddle pad" in the same sentence, I think sheepskin. I am notorious for riding around with a loose girth. My sheepskin lined saddle pads do not slip, ever. Even when we're out trail riding up and down hills, it stays in place. They're not cheap, but it's the only pad you'll ever need.