The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Opinions please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/opinions-please-53857/)

kimi 04-29-2010 06:23 AM

Opinions please

Warmblood Mare 16.3hh 12 yrs old for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

What do you guys think of this girl? She's a bit of a while away so opinions would be good

What are warmbloods generally like? I've heard they can be a bit dumb

I'm looking for a horse for pleasure riding and small shows, also a horse that has the potential to do well in dressage

flamingauburnmustang 04-29-2010 09:48 AM

She seems really nice. I personally don't have anything against warmbloods. I think they are great horses. But it all depends on what you want to do and your level of riding? :???:

sarahver 04-29-2010 10:05 AM

We used to call them "dumbbloods" he he. I have nothing against them though, they are beautiful, athletic and usually have a more calm temperament than TB's. Big 'ol head on her and could do with some more topline but overall she looks like a nice mare and it is a reasonable price I think, could be worth the drive to have a look?

I would find out if she is currently in work or not as the ad mentioned they aren't working her much anymore. Also why the broodmare suggestion? I always worry when someone suggests the broodmare option when they are selling a riding horse!

flamingauburnmustang 04-29-2010 01:11 PM

I also paused when I read that about her being a broodmare... :???:

corinowalk 04-29-2010 01:17 PM

I happen to think she is a total stunner. Love that copper color to her! She looks to be pretty forward in the movement department...i like that though!

.Delete. 04-29-2010 01:27 PM

Does she have a roman nose? Or is it just me?

flamingauburnmustang 04-29-2010 01:56 PM

It looks like it, especially in the one picture....but it really suits her I must say. :smile:

MyBoyPuck 04-29-2010 07:09 PM

Yeah, we always called them dumb-bloods too. The only thing I didn't like about the ones I tried were, they all make you work so darn hard for the slightest forward movement. Some of the practically make you have a baby just to get them to trot. I much favor the TB that shoots off my leg at the slightest touch.

That horse is cute. To me it looks like her hind end and front end are from two different horses, but it seems to work fine for her. She can obviously step under herself well.