The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   TB and pony stolen in Michigan--may be as far south as Texas (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/tb-pony-stolen-michigan-may-far-53869/)

cordeliasdemise 04-29-2010 11:18 AM

TB and pony stolen in Michigan--may be as far south as Texas

On April 18th, early in the morning, two of our horses disappeared in Ortonville, Michigan. The people responsible for stealing them broke down our fencing and loaded them in the street.

Ripley (or may go by the name of Skylar now) is a 17 h gray dapple thoroughbred. She's approximately 5 years old and according to her former owner has soundness issues. However, she might have been sold under the false pretenses as being a hunter/jumper candidate.

Claudia is a 11.2 h blond chestnut welsh-cross with a stripe and a white snip on her nose. She is also 5 years old and is extremely fuzzy with the remainder of her winter coat.

It is believed they may have crossed the state boarder and are headed down south to Texas or Kentucky. Pictures are available upon request as I am unable to post them on here for whatever reason. There is a reward being offered to whomever makes a positive ID. Please notify me through here with any information or call 810-869-5476. Thanks again!

Hoofprints in the Sand 04-29-2010 01:02 PM

oh my gosh that is TERRIBLE!!!! :-( I'll keep an eye out, I'm in NE Ohio so they're probably long past me now, but who knows...you aren't able to post pics up on here though? Can you put links to a website on here? It would be easier to keep an eye out!

I hope you find them soon!

cordeliasdemise 04-29-2010 01:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I missed the paperclip icon above. Oops! Thanks for your reply! We truly hope we can bring our girls home.

Alwaysbehind 04-29-2010 01:41 PM

Did you contact Netposse?

cordeliasdemise 04-29-2010 01:44 PM

No, I didn't know there was a site for stolen horses! I've never had to deal with this before. Thanks, I will definitely make use of that!

Hoofprints in the Sand 04-29-2010 02:38 PM

they are beautiful...I'm showing this weekend about an hour from here...I'll keep an eye out for them and let others know as well! do you have any idea who could have taken them???
Posted via Mobile Device

cordeliasdemise 04-29-2010 05:37 PM

Yes, I'm almost 100% sure who took them but we are having a hard time tracking her down. The local police are of no help and we're turning to the state police. Thank you so much!

Qtswede 04-29-2010 10:11 PM

I thought I saw a pony like that listed on craigslist .... I'll double check it, but that seems to be a good spot to start.

cordeliasdemise 04-29-2010 10:51 PM

I've been looking on craigslist and maybe I missed it? If you find the link, can you please post it?

Qtswede 04-29-2010 11:10 PM

yep. If I can find it again, I will post it. Digging now through Michigan & Indiana.