The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi my name is Kim, I just joined the forum.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tammy 
#1 ·
I have a question I hope someone can help me with. My mare had a facial injury in October of last year. I think she was kicked. Her face was completely swolen and the vet treated her and put her on antibiotics. After the swelling went down she looked to me like her facial bones had been broken or fractured. She literally had a caved in place on her face. Now that seems to have healed, but now she has a large lump in the middle of her face, about the size of an egg. It is hard as a rock and does'nt seem to bother her. Im wondering if anyone has had experience with this kind injury and if anyone knows if the lump is permanent.

#5 ·
hi,
i do know of something that may help you, it is called "ABC jell", you get it from health food shops, this is fantastic for the growth of new hair from scaring, the reduction of swelling, it is great on most things, even for humans. it is not expensive under $20.00 and has been used for many years. it may take some time to have any affect, so be patient.
I know of a horse the vets said to put down, he had a cancerous growth on his leg, after aplying the "ABC jell" the growth went completely away, the horse is now doing top dressage.
i am into the natural healing of horses.
I do agree that a vet should also take another look at your horse, if only to put you at ease.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.