The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Troubles selling (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/troubles-selling-5390/)

.Delete. 01-17-2008 10:57 AM

Troubles selling

I have a yearling breed stock reg. paint gelding. He is built fairy well, no confirmation defects. But his problem is he is so small. He is no even 14hh. But supposedly he is supposed to get to 16hh, but i highly doubt it. He has a wonderful personaily, broke to saddle and bridle, i have ridden him 5 times bare back and once with the saddle. He is willing to learn and is a quick learner. He will make an awesome versatile horse or pony . He is sorrel with a blaze down his face. He is one of the nices yearling you will ever meet, he isn't spooky at all. tons of potential. I have taken him to a few shows already and he has done perfect. He clips, bathes, farrier, loads himself, ties, ponies. He is already broke to flag and can ground drive. But no matter what site i have him on, i can't sell him i'v been trying to sell him for about 4 months now and not even one person interested. Well if any of you are interested im taking a reasonable offer.

kim_angel 01-17-2008 02:49 PM

Do you have a link to one of his "for sale" ads? I'd love to see him. :)

.Delete. 01-18-2008 09:28 AM

Here is one http://www.equinehits.com/horses_show.php?id=181493

kim_angel 01-18-2008 10:28 AM

He's beautiful and your ad is well written.
I wouldnt suggest lowering your price either... I think 1k is more than a fair price for him. He is a little small, like you said though.

Have you advertised on all the sites like dreamhorse, horsetopia & equinenow?

Good luck. :)

.Delete. 01-18-2008 10:41 AM

He is on every horse site i could find

Abby 01-18-2008 01:07 PM

I think he's gorgeous. If I was a little closer, I would seriously consider purchasing him. I will point him out to my friend though because she is looker for a smaller sized horse because she's a smaller sized person!

I wish you luck, he's spectacular.

Jacki 01-19-2008 02:06 AM

You say he's one and your RIDING HIM?!?!? You can't ride a horse that young! He will end up with all kinds of bone, joint, back problems.

Kyani 01-19-2008 07:10 PM

I wouldn't buy him. Purely because he's been broken so young. I'm not being mean, but that would stop me even giving him a second glance, so maybe it's put other people off?

upnover 01-19-2008 09:14 PM

I agree, I think yearlings are too young to be ridden without risk of permenantly damaging their bone/joint development. I know some reiners start their horses at 2 but I wouldn't even consider starting a horse in a training program until they're at least 3.

BluMagic 01-19-2008 09:28 PM

I support everything everyone has said here. I liked the horse but as soon as I saw the price and age...I backed away.