The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   descision,descision!(PSP/IPOD) (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/descision-descision-psp-ipod-5403/)

englishcowgrl 01-18-2008 05:15 PM

descision,descision!(PSP/IPOD)

ahh i am awful at making descision! you i need some input!
i am a very ...ah...close with my money,i hadly ever spend it, ( well at least in till it comes to farrier/board/vet/hay/feed/tack shops)
but this summer i am gonig on quite a few long trips and i really want soming to take with me for the ride.A couple of people in my Class have PSPs ( play station portables) and a few have I POD TOUCHes. both of these have wireless internet,music,videos and photos. but the psp have games and is cheaper.
my friend ( who has the ipod) said she loves it. but hates PSPs. my other friend says they love there PSP but not the ipod touch
i am leaning toward the PSP, only becasue it has games and it's cheaper. but my friend said that IPODs are easyer to use and get stuff on. i am one of those people who have to check out this kind of stuff before i get it so i've spent hours on the computer reshering both of them. whats your opinion...do you have one? does it work good? ( questions for both)

tim 01-18-2008 05:33 PM

Yea, I have an iPod Touch. It's absolutly awesome. The internet is flawless and some websites like apple.com, google, and facebook actually have iPod Touch versions that integrate better with the screen size and touch interface.

I've known people with the PSP but none of them really care for the internet and music aspects. Most people with the PSP just got it for gaming, and they complain all the time about game quality.

I don't care for the PSP because I dont really play games much. I've never used it though so I can't speak from experience. All I have is an old XBox for Halo 8) .

But if you're more for music, the iPod is really great. Its so fun to do everything by touch. It's also much smaller and thinner than the PSP. Not to mention, you can buy music anywhere with an internet connection. There's a special iTunes store version on it. The internet is unexpectedly fast (probably faster than your desktop), and you can zoom in to see things more clearly. As far as putting music and pictures and video on, all you have to do is plug it into your computer. It does not get any easier. I think apple have surpassed themselves when it comes to user friendliness this time. Even the touch controls are all very intuitive. It does exactly what you would think it should do.

englishcowgrl 01-18-2008 05:41 PM

thanks tim..yea...i would really like a ipod but if your out of the wireless connection zone all you have is your music and videos..with a PSP you have games to..i don't know i can;t make descision!

tim 01-18-2008 05:50 PM

Yea, when I'm on long trips I read. I'm also a music fanatic and the iPod is the undisputed king of music. I got it mostly for the music and movies but the other features make it more interesting than a normal iPod. The internet is definatly fun when you're inside a wi-fi.

If you want longterm internet-less entertainment out of the iPod though, it will most likely not satisfy you. You can watch movies, but if you want to put more than maybe two movies on it at once while keeping all of your music, you'd have to get the 16 GB version.

PSP would be more interesting if you're into games.

free_sprtd 01-18-2008 10:30 PM

well, from a person who really doesn't play games much (but OWNS a game store), the PSP would be my decision. Only because You can buy full length movies for it, games like tetris (luminous) and mind quiz and stuff like that. I don't know too much about the ipod, but I heard you have to subscribe to itunes or something and don't you have to pay for songs?? with the psp you get memory cards and you can download songs for free from your fav cd's and stuff. We took one on a road trip from oregon to Kansas and it was definately worth it. plus i think the screen is bigger on the psp. However, the resale value is not as good for the psp as it is for the ipod, but that's because it is cheaper. good luck in your decision!

englishcowgrl 01-21-2008 02:44 PM

yea thanks guys, i think i will go with the PSP, for money and since i'm going on a long trip there will probley not be a wi-fi connection..thanks guys!