The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Show off your instructers!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/show-off-your-instructers-54091/)

LoveStory10 05-02-2010 08:24 AM

Show off your instructers!!!

5 Attachment(s)
At my barn, the BO's are our instructers. They are married to each other, and have the CUTEST 8 month old son called Seth.

Their names are Samantha and Peter Tippett. :D

They are the BEST! I have known and ridden with them for almost five years. Not only are they our instructers, they are also our friends, and my homework helpers lol. Some info about them:

Sam is our second mom,and our dressage instructer. She is an incredable jumper, but doesnt really like it. This is her and Damper:

Attachment 30661

Peter is our second dad, our farrier, and our jumping instructer. He is really awsome!! This is him with Sargent Pepper:

Attachment 30662

They are really fun people. No offence to all the adults on this forum, but they are some of those rare cool adults lol. They give us our own shownames like "Children of Corn" and like throwing us in the pool haha.

A lesson with them:

Attachment 30663
Attachment 30664
Attachment 30665

So there's my awsome instructers, show off yours :D:D

juniormylove 05-02-2010 08:41 AM

here's mine (didn't take this picture)
http://www.detroitequestrianclub.com...ahForever1.jpg

I love riding with her :)

Fowl Play 05-02-2010 11:54 AM

Maybe it's just me, but is there a policy about posting pictures of people without their permission? I adore my instructor, but I would never post pictures of her on a forum like this without permission, and honestly, I would never post her website or full name for her privacy. It's her home afterall.

shmurmer4 05-02-2010 12:25 PM

You're right Fowl Play, advertisement is a horrible thing.

Fowl Play 05-02-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmurmer4 (Post 621972)
You're right Fowl Play, advertisement is a horrible thing.

I don't think advertisement is a horrible thing, I think posting pictures of them and giving all their personal information can be. Anyone who comes to my instructor's barn comes to her house and I think it's reasonable to assume that she is cautious about that. The mom in me is personally terrified of someone sharing my child's first and last name on a public forum like this. That's like saying "hey sex offender, a new kid is at XXX ABC Street. This is when he's out and about."

Maybe I've just heard too many horror stories.

nrhareiner 05-02-2010 02:41 PM

The thing is that most trainers instructors have web sites will all that info on it. So there really is no difference. I can post pictures here of my trainer or I can just put a link to his web site which has pictures of him riding not only my horses but other clients horses. If he is prowed enough to put those pictures on his site then what is the difference.

Fowl Play 05-02-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 622054)
The thing is that most trainers instructors have web sites will all that info on it. So there really is no difference. I can post pictures here of my trainer or I can just put a link to his web site which has pictures of him riding not only my horses but other clients horses. If he is prowed enough to put those pictures on his site then what is the difference.

Okay, so maybe I'm a minority in my thinking here. Sorry.

nrhareiner 05-02-2010 06:39 PM

I understand your thinking and if we where talking about a kid or someone who did not have a business that put this info out there on their own then yes I would agree with you. However in the day of the internet most trainers have web sites and advertise in that manner. The info and pictures are out there. I have given my trainers info out to quite a few people over the years and he has thanked me for that several times. It gets him new clients. Ones he might not have if I had not given out that info and 99% of it was done on the net.

Quixotic 05-02-2010 07:34 PM

This was my trainer's old page, up until she left in the fall. My gelding was put to sleep around the same time, so I'm no longer riding there, but I'd been at that stable for 12 years, and have some very wonderful memories. That's my horse & me on the left with all the ribbons at the last show I ever took him to.
World Cup News

Carleen 05-02-2010 08:48 PM

Here's the coach I rode with for 6+ years:
Untitled Document

and here's the one I am starting with May 11th (sooo excited!):
About Us