The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   greetings from new jersey (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/greetings-new-jersey-54203/)

whatshername 05-03-2010 01:15 PM

greetings from new jersey

hey everyone
my name is annie.
this is my first time ever joining a forum even though i have been riding for almost 12 years now yikes.
i starting taking lessons and showing when i was 8.
i've had my paint horse comet since i was 11 and he was a yearling.
he is now 9 years old and i am now 20 and we are still going strong.
he is an all around horse but we seem to do our best in english and western pleasure, trail, driving, and command.
we take our stabs at jumping and games but he just doesn't have the get up and go, just tight turns and lead changes.
i work with standard breed race horses and i take the public out on trail rides so i'm constantly around horses.
i've had my fair share of experiences and incidents with riding and race horses, and working with the public and horses!
i don't show as much anymore due to my lack of trailer and college.
plus, shows aren't as exciting to me and comet anymore we have been to so many.
so reining is my new interest and i've been trying to look further into it and hopefully take some lessons but i'm having a tough time finding a place to take lessons from around here.
and otherwise i like to spend my time trail riding, tuning up my horse, and driving:)

cottncandykoala 05-03-2010 01:48 PM

Nice to "meet" you! (: I haven't been here long at all, but I really enjoy the atmosphere and it seems like there shall be many good conversations to come. My name is Rachel, by the way. Welcome!

whatshername 05-03-2010 01:56 PM

thank you so much! everyone here seems fantastic and i love the vibe i am getting from it already. wish i would have done this sooner!

cottncandykoala 05-03-2010 02:04 PM

(: Glad you did! I like the vibe as well, and people seem to be really open to conversations about pretty much anything. It's nice too, because everyone's anonymous too, so you can vent about problems and not worry about anyone knowing who you are. xD

Reiterin 05-03-2010 08:43 PM

welcome to the forum. glad you joined us.
we'd love to see pictures of comet if you get a chance. =)

whatshername 05-05-2010 08:22 AM

thank you!
still not sure how to use the forum
i have no idea why my profile picture isn't coming up but i did figure out how to add my horse!

whatshername 05-05-2010 08:23 AM

by the way your horse maggie is adorable! love her coloring