The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-forum/)
-   -   Baby Angora Goats: Born April 28, 2010 (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-forum/baby-angora-goats-born-april-28-a-54377/)

Curly_Horse_CMT 05-05-2010 11:23 AM

Baby Angora Goats: Born April 28, 2010
 
8 Attachment(s)
Here are our two newest arrivals! We got their mom from a older neighbor who was getting out of most of her wool sheep and fiber goats. So, we ended up with Ruby :lol: We knew that she was pregnant when we got her. I am going to show the babies at the local fair in August. There are not too many fiber goats in these parts, so it should be fun to educate the public on them. So, introducing Ruby, Oskar, and Ozzie. We are not sure which baby is which, but those are the names picked for them :) Enjoy!

Speed Racer 05-05-2010 11:38 AM

There is nothing cuter than a baby goat. :D

Adorable pictures.

Curly_Horse_CMT 05-05-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 625238)
There is nothing cuter than a baby goat. :D

Adorable pictures.


Thank you! Yeah, I would have to agree. We used to have dairy goats but we got out of them years ago. We also bred sheep but there IS nothing cuter than a baby goat.

ilovemyPhillip 05-05-2010 02:37 PM

Wow, triplets?! That's a great kid-producing doe, will you breed her again? I love the babies, I myself have Boers :).

Curly_Horse_CMT 05-06-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemyPhillip (Post 625395)
Wow, triplets?! That's a great kid-producing doe, will you breed her again? I love the babies, I myself have Boers :).

The doe only had twins (the doe's name is Ruby :wink:) The twin's names are Oskar and Ozzie. Ruby has produced at least two other sets of twins; she is a great mother. Really understanding and not flightly. She let us handle the babies right off.

Oh, Boers are cool, too! There are not many where I am. Mostly, there are Pygmys and some dairy breeds.

ilovemyPhillip 05-06-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly_Horse_CMT (Post 626050)
The doe only had twins (the doe's name is Ruby :wink:) The twin's names are Oskar and Ozzie. Ruby has produced at least two other sets of twins; she is a great mother. Really understanding and not flightly. She let us handle the babies right off.

Oh, Boers are cool, too! There are not many where I am. Mostly, there are Pygmys and some dairy breeds.

Oh my bad! That's great that she lets you handle them!

Oh Boers are great! I was actually looking for Angoras to cross.. Came into contact with some Chasmeres.. No Angoras yet.. Do you have to clip the Angoras? Or sheer them? Not familiar with fiber goats, or sheep. :) Just the meat ones. Here's my buck as a buckling =) :
http://ladybughillfarm.com/images/goats/24-march09.jpg

Wallaby 05-06-2010 10:24 AM

They're so cute! Geez! So dang cute.

Congratulations!

Speed Racer 05-06-2010 11:17 AM

A friend of mine breeds Boers, and I've been over to play with the babies. They're so cute, but can be pesty as heck.

She sells the bucks for meat, and the does generally go to other breeders to add variety to their bloodlines.

I like that she has goats, so I get all of the fun and none of the headache! :lol:

sarahver 05-06-2010 11:34 AM

Aw, they are sooo cute!!! I have always wanted a goat for a pet, I even have a name picked out: I would call it Abigail.

Curly_Horse_CMT 05-06-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemyPhillip (Post 626084)
Oh my bad! That's great that she lets you handle them!

Oh Boers are great! I was actually looking for Angoras to cross.. Came into contact with some Chasmeres.. No Angoras yet.. Do you have to clip the Angoras? Or sheer them? Not familiar with fiber goats, or sheep. :) Just the meat ones. Here's my buck as a buckling =) :
http://ladybughillfarm.com/images/goats/24-march09.jpg

haha don't worry about it! :wink:

Yeah, they need to be shorn twice a year; this is done every six months, so April and October. I didn't know ANYTHING about Angora goats until this lady was getting rid of most of hers and she wanted us to take Ruby. I work at a Rugworks where we make woven and punch needle rugs from local sheep and goat wool, so I will have a output for the wool from them. Thanks guys, they are great! I am really falling for them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0