The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Magnetic Boots - Your experiences/opinions? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/magnetic-boots-your-experiences-opinions-54381/)

Strange 05-05-2010 12:29 PM

Magnetic Boots - Your experiences/opinions?

My gelding Willie has had multiple tendon and ligament injuries in the past, the most recent being fibrous tearing in his right hind suspensory and a full tear of another ligament (which I can't recall the name of at the moment, sorry) in the right hind as well. Since then he's had about 2 years off and is fully sound again. Though I won't be competing him in eventing again, or probably at all, I'll still be riding him on a regular basis for both of our sanity. Currently he's on a tendon supplement (SmartTendon- SmartTendon - Tendon & Ligament Supplements from SmartPak Equine ) as well as Cosequin, Strongid, and electrolytes, but I'm so incredibly paranoid about him reinjuring or straining any of his tendons again. I was looking into getting magnetic boots, because I've heard some great things about them, but I was wondering what you all thought of them or had heard about them? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

nrhareiner 05-05-2010 12:42 PM

I have a full set of Magnetic tendon wraps bell and hocks along with the blanket. They work well in relation to their price. I actually have them for sale in here as I have moved to the Bioscan products which I have been getting over the years. They work better but are much much more expensive.

Squeak 05-05-2010 03:03 PM

I use a magnetic pastern band for my Ringbone boy. I keep it on him at night only.

It really seems to help him in relation to the inflammation and therefore, pain.

bouncersmyboy 05-09-2010 12:22 AM

I used magnetic boots on my horse during his actually healing process from his suspensory injury and the boots in combination with poultice/wrapping for the first 90 days has GREATLY cut our recovery time. The vet was shocked with the progress at his 90-day ultrasound check on the ligament.