The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Just had to vent (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/just-had-vent-54441/)

wyominggrandma 05-06-2010 09:41 AM

Just had to vent

I am sorry, I just have to vent... It is SNOWING again. I am so tired of white stuff everywhere, cold nasty wind.. Pretty much winter still. I thought it was actually going to be spring, ugh................
I have to go to work, I have a cold and its just nasty outside.

Okay, thanks for letting me complain...

Gidji 05-06-2010 09:46 AM

Oh please. Everyone on here complains about snow but its coming into winter here and it was 30 degrees celcius today. I'd love to live where it snows :) But then again, I don't know how frustrating snow must be.

wyominggrandma 05-06-2010 09:56 AM

The snow is not so bad, but after 8 months of it, it gets old. Then we get a couple of nice days, the snow starts melting, the horses start shedding, and then wham, it arrives again. It is hardest in dead of winter, -30 and 40 below zero F., have to keep engine heaters in the car motors, don't set your emergency brakes cause they will freeze, don't use the electric windows cause they will break, all kinds of fun things. UGH

My brother and his wife have been sailing around the world(with stops on land of course during that time)and are now in Australia, have been there for a few months , but now that it is winter, they will sail somewhere else for awhile. He sends me photos, sure is beautiful there.

Speed Racer 05-06-2010 10:11 AM

Wyoming, your weather is the reason I won't make a permanent move to Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana in the Yellowstone area.

IMO it's the most beautiful place on the planet, but I couldn't stand 8 months of winter, especially when the temps dip below zero.

Virginia's beautiful, but the area around Jackson Hole/Yellowstone makes Virginia look like Wyoming's ugly stepsister! :lol:

wyominggrandma 05-06-2010 10:20 AM

Ya, and I live south of Jackson Hole,in a gorgeous valley, so we are in the beautiful part of Wyoming. (the eastern half is like desert) Thats why we relish when we finally do get spring and summer and fall, even though they are very short.
I have had snow every single month of the year living here, quite a wakeup call when it snows on july 4th.

Crimsonhorse01 05-06-2010 11:19 AM

Remember all this snow means nice green grass.Those summer months are well worth the snow. I wouldn't live anywhere else but up here.

Speed Racer 05-06-2010 11:36 AM

Y'all are killin' me. I miss Wyoming so much..... :-(

Carleen 05-06-2010 02:59 PM

Argh, I know. It wasn't snowing here but it's hailed big time about 3 times this week. I am SICK of it! One of you lucky people who live where it's warm - trade places with me?

Delfina 05-06-2010 04:15 PM

It's raining right now, hailed and snowed last week, wind blew so hard this week I thought the house would blow over. Poor horses have been hiding in their stalls.

I've had to drive the kids to school all week, my poor 6yr old WAS blown over when she tried to walk to the bus stop. I felt awful, so no more waiting at the bus stop until the wind dies.

wyominggrandma 05-06-2010 05:23 PM

Yeah, that is true Crimsonhorse, but darn, would be nice to wake up to green instead of white at some point. AUUGHHH