The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   This is Spirit (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/spirit-54447/)

manhirwen 05-06-2010 10:59 AM

This is Spirit

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, it's been a while since my last posting on here. I sold my mustang Wiski... well kind of, still waiting on a payment before I hand over his papers.

Anywho, This is Spirit. I met him yesterday. I know he looks REALLY bad right now, he's not my horse. But someone offered him to me because he is being neglected and there is no one else to take on this challenge. He has the best personality.

A little about him. He has a great personality like I mentioned above. He was a OTT a few years back. He's BIG. Around 17hh I believe they said aqnd 12 years old. He is ribby and has a bit of rainrot to work out. He needs his teeth floated also. But nobody else is willing to take him on and the owner was trying to sell him but I have been offered him for free.

So here's the deal. I have the whole summer to decide what I want to do. I'm going to start feeding him and treating his rainrot and get a vet out to see him soon. I just wanted to introduce you to my possible new baby.

Please be kind about the pics, I know he's rough but remember he's not mine... yet. If you have advice for me on how to help him it is VERY welcomed.

manhirwen 05-06-2010 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one of him, before we brushed him

BarrelracingArabian 05-07-2010 12:49 AM

aww hes so pretty who could neglect him! he looks so sweet. I hope you get him because he looks like he deserves some tlc

speedy da fish 05-07-2010 01:49 AM

hes lovely! he will look really good when you have fattened him up :)

ilovemyPhillip 05-07-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelracingArabian (Post 626817)
aww hes so pretty who could neglect him! he looks so sweet. I hope you get him because he looks like he deserves some tlc

AH-GREED! Lol! What a cutie, good luck!

manhirwen 05-07-2010 09:50 AM

We're giving him grain with super gain so it shall not be long. He's got a WAY better temperament than my other horse Wiski had. He had bad ground manners, he bucked, bites... Just naughtier than anything. This guy is VERY sweet and gentle.

Speed Racer 05-07-2010 09:57 AM

He doesn't look to be 17 h, unless you're close to 6 ft. tall yourself. :?:

Other than that, he looks like he has a kind eye and just needs some medical/dental/feet work and groceries to bring him back into good shape.

Good luck with him.

manhirwen 05-07-2010 12:56 PM

I'm pretty tall... and we haven't actually measured him but my horsey friend said he's close to 17hh. It's just a guess so far though.

I bought the tooth floater kit and a farrier I know is going to do it for free for me. His feet are going to be done for free from another farrier friend so long as I buy the shoes. We wormed him, sprayed Listerine water on his rain rot and we're gonna pack on some pounds. I also have a bucket of horse guard for him at my other barn.

Also I have free boarding till the end of summer then I'll move him to the place across from my apartment.

Dreamer1215 05-07-2010 06:27 PM

Looks to me from those pictures that you have already decided...good luck with him, you two look good together!

mom2pride 05-09-2010 02:32 AM

Best wishes with him. He doesn't look 17 hh to me either...although, I guess it doesn't matter, as long as you two work well together; and once you get some weight on him, you shall find that out.