The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse showing please help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-showing-please-help-54573/)

JumpingJellyBean 05-07-2010 10:20 PM

Horse showing please help

So im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, but i need to no as soon as possible. Kay so im going to start showing western this year and was wondering if you could tell me about theses classes:

Western Pleasure

Western Equitation

and if im showing a western horse in english classes is it alright if their head is lower? oh and for the western classes do i need all the show clothes cause i only have english show clothes. thanks for the help!

justsambam08 05-07-2010 10:26 PM

WP, as my understanding goes of it, is how comfortable the horse looks to ride. western EQ is how well you ride based on western riding principles.

No, it would not be ok if an English horse had a western headset. You would get points taken off.

You also need proper show attire for each class you are showing in--western clothes for western events, english clothes for english events.

Even if its a "backyard" show, my attitude is that you need to treat every show like its a show that matters. Or just don't show.

kmacdougall 05-07-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsambam08 (Post 627516)
No, it would not be ok if an English horse had a western headset. You would get points taken off.

Try and go see a show first, since this line is very much dependent on your area/show circuit. In my area, one local horse show circuit always hires the same type of judge.. The kind that wants a WP horse in english tack. So, so very annoying for us true english riders!

JumpingJellyBean 05-08-2010 12:14 AM

it is just a local show that is mostly western and there are just a few english classes so im guessing it would be alright.