The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Gallop shampoo... Question? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/gallop-shampoo-question-54731/)

ShannonSevenfold 05-10-2010 04:19 PM

Gallop shampoo... Question?

I'm going to be moving my mare this coming weekend to a new barn and she is so incredibly dirty I can hardly look at her without wanting to brush her. I spent 2 hours grooming her yesterday and there's still so much dirt in her coat. The barn I am moving her to is a nicer-type facility and I would like her to be nice and clean and presentable. :D

So, my question is... I've heard nothing but good things about Gallop color-enhancing shampoo and they sell it at the local tack shop. But they only sell it for Chestnuts/Palaminos (sorry if I spelled that wrong. I never remember how it's spelled), blacks, greys or bays. My avatar is a picture of my mare. She is a buckskin. If need be, I can post a better picture when I get home from work later. But, which would be the best to use on my mare? Also, if anyone has suggestions for other types of shampoo, those are also appreciated!

myhorsesonador 05-10-2010 04:50 PM

IDK the answer but I'm really interested to hear the answer.

PechosGoldenChance 05-10-2010 05:17 PM

I have always wanted to try Gallop shampoo/conditioner. I'm interested to see what others say as well.

MaggiStar 05-10-2010 06:21 PM

Gallop is unbelievably amazing seriously they are just edible after!! If she was mine id use the bay shampoo is she is dark enough buckskin so it should be fine, it doesnt really matter which colour you use just bay shampoo makes a bay horse shineier

StormyBlues 05-10-2010 07:47 PM

I have heard only good things also. If she is a lighter color(I am on my phone and can't see pics) I would use the grey, but if she is darker, then the chestnut.

ilovelucy 05-11-2010 04:16 PM

My friend used the gallop shampoo for bays (on a bay) and she looked AMAZING I just bought some for greys (for a grey lol) and I am going to try it out for the first ime tomorrow :D

Back on track lol, I saw some gallop shampoo for bays,blacks,greys,chestnuts,palomino and just a color enhancing shampoo (the color enhancing one might be your best bet if you can find it). Good luck getting her clean!