The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Finally Sat on Aj!!<3 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/finally-sat-aj-3-a-54926/)

ChloeButler09 05-13-2010 11:15 AM

Finally Sat on Aj!!<3

after knowing aj for around a month now,i finally sat on him yesterday!i had him atached with a lead rop(not tied up) juts with the lead rope ove the fence,i was grooming him and he was rely relaxed so took the chance,put a hat on and was massaging his back then stood on the fence and lent over him,the nswung my leg over and was just sat there he was such a good boy!he had an accident about 7 years back,and hasnt let ANYONE on him since,and i finally did it im so happy!!:-P

ilovemyPhillip 05-13-2010 11:34 AM

Very nice! Good luck with further & future accomplishments!

ChloeButler09 05-23-2010 09:47 AM

Thanks!
Unnfortunatly i went down yesterday and rode him just in walk,I cant rememebr anything but his is what ive been told,the owner of the farm was watching we ride out the window and he looked away to eat his tea heard me scream and i wasnt on the horse,i was in A&E yesterday and just came out today,i dont no what im goiugn to do beacuse i cant remember weather he bolted,(becasue he gets scared easily) Bucked(he doesnt do this) or reared (doesthis occasionally on walkes..i need to know as i dont no weather to get back on him ;//!

My2Geldings 05-23-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChloeButler09 (Post 641466)
Thanks!
Unnfortunatly i went down yesterday and rode him just in walk,I cant rememebr anything but his is what ive been told,the owner of the farm was watching we ride out the window and he looked away to eat his tea heard me scream and i wasnt on the horse,i was in A&E yesterday and just came out today,i dont no what im goiugn to do beacuse i cant remember weather he bolted,(becasue he gets scared easily) Bucked(he doesnt do this) or reared (doesthis occasionally on walkes..i need to know as i dont no weather to get back on him ;//!

Dang it, I had a really long response for you, but the computer logged me out.
I bought a rescue a few years ago and thought I would be hero re-training this horse. As it turned out he couldn't be fixed. I went through the same thing you did except I managed to not get seriously injured.
We went through everything with him to find an answer to his violent bucking and rearing issues. Vets, tack, trainers you name it, we did it.

I ended up sending back to the rescue for false advertizing and they resold him(which I didnt know at the time). As it turns out, the next owner went through the same thing but ended up being flown to hospital and sewed for a couple million.

Count your lucky stars you were able to tell us about it and came out relatively uninjured. Hope you get better quickly.

ChloeButler09 06-09-2010 04:43 PM

Thankyou,he is fixable beleive me,i mean we have came so far,when i fist met him,he wouldnt coem up to me he would turn aroiund and walk off,now ive got him lunging,without a lunge whip and he jumps ion comand,im laso in the process of teaching him to lie down,ive been back on him sice but only in walk,ive got him a saddle now so i can do it properly,becuse he hadnt had a saddle on when i fell offf!And im really sorry about that rescue horse,i would have been gutted:(!

ChloeButler09 06-23-2010 02:52 PM

Cinnys Whinny 06-24-2010 12:48 PM

I think that this may be a sign to slow it down a bit. I know this is REALLY HARD!!! Cinny isn't a rescue but he DOES have a past which includes dumping someone hard enough that she never got on again and sold him so.....

Anyway I have come soooo far with him, and I just get so antsy to do more and go for all the stuff I really miss doing on a horse...so trust me, I know how hard it is.

Be careful....not just with yourself, but you also don't want to pile more bad memories on top of the ones he already has.

Take it slow and keep it light/fun. You are doing a really great job. I was so impressed to read that you were able to get on him...I'm really sad that you have had this set back. I think you can get "there" again...JUST GO SLOW.

ChloeButler09 06-24-2010 04:26 PM

thankyou cinnys whinny, your one of the only people who are actually helping and not just critisizing , i am tkaing it realy slow.I spent half and hout last week just getting in the strirrup and out and again because he jups when yoiu try and mount, he seems to have got a heck of alot better!