The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Aussie Tie Ring (Blocker Tie Ring) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/aussie-tie-ring-blocker-tie-ring-55213/)

ShezaCharmer 05-16-2010 08:53 PM

Aussie Tie Ring (Blocker Tie Ring)

Hi, I was just wondering what everyone thought about the Aussie Tie Ring or the Blocker Tie Ring (same thing really)?

I was thinking of purchasing a few of them for around or stable but I just want to know if they are really worth it.

If you don't know what the tie ring is :
Aussie Tie Ring 2 w- Mag-Lok - Stainless :: Downunder Horsemanship

Opinions please!!:D

shadowanne 05-16-2010 09:04 PM

That's all we have at our barn and i love them.

ShezaCharmer 05-16-2010 09:06 PM

Really? Does it acutally help with horses that pull sometimes or get spooked?

RadHenry09 05-16-2010 09:07 PM

I use them, I love them...they work well for my horses.

Scoutrider 05-16-2010 09:26 PM

I use them along with a 25 foot nylon rope (homemade) to tie my horses at the trailer. I have a small, extremely light aluminum stock trailer, and if one of my good-tying horses spooks and pulls, odds are that the little trailer's going over, even hooked up to the truck. I've never actually had a horse test them, but I do like them and imagine that they might be a good option for some true problem tie-ers as well as a safeguard for horses that do tie well. One of the few "gimmicky" gadgets that I would highly recommend without reservation.

koomy56 05-16-2010 09:43 PM

We have them all over our barn. Definitely worth it.

AQHA13 05-16-2010 09:46 PM

I have them all around the barn and trailer. I love them, and they solved my mare's pulling problem. :)

ShezaCharmer 05-16-2010 10:18 PM

Wow they almost seem to good to be true. Well Ill buy one and see if I like it then. My horse ties great its just that when I start going to shows I would like one for the trailer in case she spooks. Also for our wash stalls I would like them for those hard to bathe horses that fight you and the ties the whole time.

Were did you buy yours? They seem quite expense at $30 a piece.

ElizabethM 05-16-2010 10:44 PM

I love mine. They are a little pricey for a little piece of hardware, but worth it!

RadHenry09 05-16-2010 11:05 PM

I have the older ones but they were still $25.00 per ring. I bought one mainly because my mustang would pull back and break ropes. I use it with a 14' rope so if he would happen to pull back there is plenty of space for him to realize he isnt trapped. I dont use it all the time , he has learned to stand tied solid and cross tie too. I would def. use one at a show on the trailer, never know what could happen there.